Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Webslingerac

Re: [Cable] Speedboost dead after Comstock migration?

I understand that with Start, there is no speedboost and that they actually overprovision the modems ... so a 45 Mbps plan is provisioned at 50 but without speedboost, so that way, most of the time they exceed plan speed.

And I didn't mean to come across negatively ... but I took what you said quite literally as one of three options. That said, since you were getting your published speed, I wasn't quite sure why you were concerned. As pointed out, it's not as if speedboost really does a lot now that we're all at such high speeds anyway!

Webslingerac

join:2004-05-01
canada

2 edits

said by sbrook:

I understand that with Start, there is no speedboost and that they actually overprovision the modems ... so a 45 Mbps plan is provisioned at 50 but without speedboost, so that way, most of the time they exceed plan speed.

Interesting. I wonder if 50/4 is worth $5 more per month.

That said, since you were getting your published speed, I wasn't quite sure why you were concerned.

I'm noting that I believe speedboost is dead with Teksavvy. I'm not sure I'm concerned--unless speedboost isn't dead, and what I'm observing is a sign that there's another migration screwup going on with Rogers.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:20
reply to sbrook

said by sbrook:

That would be for Start plus packages, with 10mbit/s upload. Regular 25/2, 35/3 or 45/4 customers are similar to other TPIAs.
--
electronicsguru.ca