spc
Search similar:

uniqs
laoshan
join:2013-08-26
Mississauga, ON

laoshan

[Outages] gethering sys info to find the answer

Hi; as dls direct report does not allow share info across members. We canshare our own non-personal system info and try to figure out the general pattern of the issue.

Mine; modem type: SB5101N, mississauga wolfdale, down three days, all light green, now can get ip address : 135.23.66.90, still no internet access.

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

rodjames

Premium Member

Sounds like your internet is accidentally.

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS

TLS2000 to laoshan

Premium Member

to laoshan
That's odd. You have a connection and a TekSavvy IP address. You should have no problems with internet.

RizzleQ
Cunningham's Law Enthusiast
Premium Member
join:2006-01-12
Windsor, ON

RizzleQ

Premium Member

Valid IP Address does not mean surf. Routing issue perhaps?

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Put that into your browser 64.91.255.98 If you get to DSLreports.com, then it's likely that you aren't being assigned the correct DNS address, or the path to the DNS server is borked.
laoshan
Mississauga, ON

laoshan

Just called techsavvy technical service and beed told it is a routing issue. They just got a block of IPs and need time to reroute them.
He also asked me to directly connect a computer to modem. This time there is no public IP there.

Strange, if coonect modem with a router, I do get valid IP, just cannot ping outside IPs.

Back to your suggestion, I could not even ping 8.8.8.8, therefore not necessarilly test other public IPs
laoshan

laoshan

I also tried "route tracer", it always stopped at the third IP route.

Also been told wolfdale issue is still there. Lots of people still don't have the access.

We are one of them.

Do you think my old motorola modem causes any issues here? Roger may stop supporting it from now?

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Rogers hasn't routed the new IP block ... so typical of their incompetence. The number of times this has happened, you'd think they'd get it right by now and have the routers programmed before changing people's IP addresses ... but no.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

said by sbrook:

Rogers hasn't routed the new IP block ... so typical of their incompetence. The number of times this has happened, you'd think they'd get it right by now and have the routers programmed before changing people's IP addresses ... but no.

Why bother? There's no penalty for failing...but it causes huge headaches for their competitor.
laoshan
Mississauga, ON

laoshan

I can surf the internet now.

Three and a half days.

Good luck to all people who are struggling here

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

rodjames to laoshan

Premium Member

to laoshan
I'm really lost now.
laoshan
Mississauga, ON

laoshan

I lost the internet connection for three and a half days.

I have it back now. But, it is very slow, very very slow.