how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wrichardson

join:2008-03-31
Avon, IN

[Indy] So is BHN new internet speeds and quality worth consideri

I was a BHN customer who switched in frustration that my wireless connections would not work reliably even after letting BHN install their own equipment and giving me nice discounts. My experience with Uverse has been that I can't get the max speeds they offer and what I pay for though reliable is not so fast as claimed.

I'm not going to drop an ISP for a deal or a few mbps more but when I see 30, 60, 90 mb options vs. uverse top end of 25? I hear maybe 45mbps now but how long on the wait?
Folks that have BHN in Indy are you happy with their internet and are the speeds really that good?

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2

Re: [Indy] So is BHN new internet speeds and quality worth consi

well, Im not in indy although its pretty much the same. Speeds are generally higher than advertised. Check the other topics in this forum with speed test results. Its not uncommon to see up to 10mbps over what you subscribe to.

telijah
Premium
join:2013-04-22
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to wrichardson

I'm not in Indy either. I am on the 90/10 and I regularly get 100-105 down and 11.5 up based on my Sam Knows reporting.

GeNomer

join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN
reply to wrichardson

I'm in Indy and I have the 60mbps speed. Every time I test it it's within 2 or 3 of the 60, sometimes even higher. Well, there was one time where it was testing at like 3mbps, but that was because my server was infected with some nasty malware and it was sucking up all the available speed I had. Still, I bet was still getting my full speed, the malware was just hogging it all, lol. If you have wifi issues with BHN, just use your own router. You might have to drop a little coin on a nice one, but if the BHN equipment isn't sufficient, you gotta do what you gotta do.

henbone11

join:2012-02-18
Carmel, IN
Reviews:
·Bright House

1 recommendation

reply to wrichardson

I live in Carmel and have BHN 60Mbit lightning service. Honestly, it is the most consistent and reliable internet service I have ever used. I can speed test at roughly 68Mb/s and real world usage proves to be around 70Mb/s consistently. I am using their Ubee modem/router (bridged) and an Asus Dark Knight router.

I just wish they would bring 90Mbit lighting here already, waiting for an upgrade that other markets have already sucks.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147
reply to wrichardson

said by wrichardson:

I was a BHN customer who switched in frustration that my wireless connections would not work reliably even after letting BHN install their own equipment and giving me nice discounts. My experience with Uverse has been that I can't get the max speeds they offer and what I pay for though reliable is not so fast as claimed.

I'm not going to drop an ISP for a deal or a few mbps more but when I see 30, 60, 90 mb options vs. uverse top end of 25? I hear maybe 45mbps now but how long on the wait?
Folks that have BHN in Indy are you happy with their internet and are the speeds really that good?

If you decide to come back reach out to me for assist with the install and lets talk about what happened the first time.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

wbrightfl7

join:2004-07-15
Orlando, FL
reply to wrichardson

I'm on the 60/5 plan and consistently get 70/6 in speed tests. BH has the most stable internet service, in my opinion. Highly recommended.