uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sentinel
Premium
join:2001-02-07
Florida
kudos:1

Cox + Verizon ... so?

I have had Cox cable and Verizon cellular for a long long time separately. Now I start seeing ads for both together. So far I don't see anything different.

Do I have to tell them that I have them both or something to get something?
Is there any reason for me to tell them that I already have them both?
Do customers get anything for having both?

If I can get something for doing what I am already doing and have been for years well heck , I want it

CoxJimR
Premium,VIP
join:2002-01-17
Atlanta, GA

Right now, as a subscriber to both, your best offer is to get a $100 gift card when you renew your next 2 year VZW deal through Cox. With a bunch of new devices coming out in 4th quarter, it could help offset some of your device costs.

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3

1 edit

I still think its kind of silly that Cox is partnering with a company that directly competes with them. I mean I guess if it helps the customer I am all for it, but you would think Verizon would be getting the better end of the deal. I imagine Verizon must try to upsell Cellular customers to use FIOS if available in their area. You would think they would partner with Sprint, since they have a history together and Sprint isn't a land based ISP. And yes, i know Verizon and Verizon wireless are different companies, but still.

::edit:: Actually I am looking to getting a Verizon phone, so I may just make use of that 100$ gift card. Thanks

CharlesGNV

@cox.net

Are there markets where both are available? I went from Tampa to GNV, and FIOS to COX respectively. Verizon told me they never can expand in this area due to some monopoly b.s.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Verizon is very expensive, I don't think I use more than 2 gigs a month on my phone, but, being charged for overages should be down right illegal. Give us internet, or not. I listen to music, use the GPS and facebook. Everything else, I do at home, on wifi.

(They do support American jobs, which is a good thing, as Americans, we need to support our own economy)

-Rob

CoxJimR
Premium,VIP
join:2002-01-17
Atlanta, GA
reply to Optimus2357

We partner with Verizon Wireless which is a joint venture of Verizon and Vodaphone in the UK. We don't have any relationship with wireline Verizon which does the Fios service. There are many guidelines over this relationshop by the DOJ (»www.washingtonpost.com/business/···ory.html). There was a previous relationship with Sprint, I wasn't too close to it so I won't comment.

Sentinel
Premium
join:2001-02-07
Florida
reply to CoxJimR

So since I just got a new phone a month ago there is pretty much no advantage to doing anything then and the "partnership" does nothing for me?

Optimus2357
Premium
West Warwick, RI

1 edit

Bingo. And if they are like other resellers, most likely you can get a better deal by digging at the source. Unless any deal could be combo with the 100$, then that would be good.

::Edit:: Also looks like it won't be a "joint" venture anymore.

»online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142···800.html

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

can't read the article

Optimus2357
Premium
West Warwick, RI

Go home WSJ, your drunk.

Try this?

»www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-2···ake.html

dmine45

join:2002-11-03
Fredericksburg, VA
reply to CharlesGNV

In Fredericksburg, VA (in the city and southern Stafford county) Cox and Verizon FIOS are competitors. In fact, they are losing market share. So is Comcast (south and west of the city). So in my area Cox is offering great deals to either keep you or bring you back as a Cox customer. I wish them luck because most people I know go to FIOS and never look back.