spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DDISGRUNTLED

@mycingular.net

Ripped off in RIVERTON

I'm having the same damn experience as everyone else. Bought Internet access TV that didn't work so well OH YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MBPS COMING IN so I spend more buckos. Same thing happened. It's your modem. I LEASE THEIR MODEM AND ROUTER. they dig and fix. Can't access Internet via smart TV. Getting a not enough Mbps type message that i wasn't having before they did a fix. Now I have no internet. Called today. The old routine of unplug this, unplug that, put the phone receiver in a brown paper bag and twirl it clockwise over your head while stroking the dog's tail with your left hand. Then put it all back together. STILL NO WORKIE?? WE GOTTA COME OUT TO THE HOUSE TO LOOK AT IT. DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG!
AAARRRGGGHH!! So, unless I pay EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA AGAIN FOR 3G FEES, I HAVE NO INTERNET!'

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101

what service is out there? cable? DSL? sattelite?

Disgruntled

@casscomm.com

Dave,
It's Cass communications or Greene county cable. Same difference.
And zowee! The magic Internet fairy must have flown through RIVERTON tonight. About two hours after my post to this forum I was back online. Hmmmmm! Wonder if Larry tre cable guy will still be a knocking at my door tomorrow??? Will keep you updated.
Signed
Previously disgruntled but now
TEMPORARILY SATISFIED, yet perplexed

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
Granite City, IL
reply to DDISGRUNTLED

ahh, I am an AT&T DSL and uverse tech. Won't be much use to you then. I can assist with some networking things, but not everything.

RIVERTN WISH

@casscomm.com

Hey David,
I checked with AT&T u-Verse folks over a year ago and apparently Riverton was just too small potatoes to bring us high speed Internet service. Trust me. It wouldn't take me long to dump this garbage I have now!!! Do you have the ability or know someone who could check the availability now, almost 14 months later

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
Granite City, IL
reply to DDISGRUNTLED

I am going on the assumption that AT&T is the local telco/ilec there correct?

Hopeful

@casscomm.com

Yes we have a t and t for local land line service.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
Granite City, IL
reply to DDISGRUNTLED

did you check at the uverse.att.com website? I believe there is a Check availability on there. Even if it does not qualify for Uverse internet it should kick down to what you can get.