Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

join:2012-09-25
Tuscaloosa, AL
reply to TheHox

Re: IT consultant pissing match?

said by TheHox:

I told the owner that I feel it will only get worse and advised him we need a symmetrical 50/50 via fiber or similar, but time will only tell!

Might I ask, what can you push your link up to?

The reason I ask is, should the consultant do a crash and burn you will be in a good position to make the dream work and of course to make it work properly it will need that upgraded link and its increased RMR to you.

TheHox

join:2012-05-31
said by 54067323:

said by TheHox:

I told the owner that I feel it will only get worse and advised him we need a symmetrical 50/50 via fiber or similar, but time will only tell!

Might I ask, what can you push your link up to?

The reason I ask is, should the consultant do a crash and burn you will be in a good position to make the dream work and of course to make it work properly it will need that upgraded link and its increased RMR to you.

Unfortunately I don't have a link to him at all. His building I don't have LOS to with out constructing a tower. He owns another property adjecnt to this one, and I installed a PTP link sharing a cable modem connection he purchased.

What I did propose, is I can use his building as another POP for my WISP with a new tower, in exchange I can supply him all the bandwidth he needs. There is fiber running directly in front of the building I was quoted on $1000/m for 100/100 with a 1g circuit. His eyes perked up when I offered this, so we shall see.