Premium Member
join:2003-11-09
Franklin Square, NY

1 recommendation

sandman9r to kickass69

Premium Member

to kickass69

Re: Cablevision Clock Ticking as Paulson Sees Sale: Real M&A

Despite the hitches it experiences here and there, overall, CV is a great bang-for-buck provider.

The only thing that Cablevision doesn't have is NFL Sunday Ticket, and that's beyond their control.

Otherwise, their Internet is one of the fastest in the U.S., their phone service is reliable, and they have all the channels subscribers want. The thought of Google as CV's buyer is overrated. Google does searches; they don't deal with call centers or customers.

CV's Netflix performance alone is worth billions...

Best of all, nothing is better than calling CV and hearing those [awful] Long Island accents on the other end. The day I call my ISP and hear an Indian on the other end will be the day I lose all hope in U.S. companies.

I don't want them to sell. Instead, I want them to keep doing whatever it is they're doing that has them on the forefront of the cable industry.

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0

said by sandman9r:

The only thing that Cablevision doesn't have is NFL Sunday Ticket, and that's beyond their control.

More rumors. But report two weeks ago that Google might try to take NFL Sunday Ticket from DirecTV... seems Google is on the prowl for something.

»www.latimes.com/entertai ··· 77.story