uniqs
share rss forum feed

Acct101
Premium
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA
reply to jblues

Re: Al Jazeera America Debut

I'm uncomfortable seeing this channel on our system and apparently a lot of advertisers fee the same way.

keenan424

join:2003-01-13
Santa Rosa, CA
Don't watch it then, no more discomfort.

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Acct101
said by Acct101:

I'm uncomfortable seeing this channel on our system and apparently a lot of advertisers fee the same way.

Yeah, I can understand your view. I don't necessarily agree with it, though.

Personally, I am uncomfortable with the amount I have to pay each month in order to pay for the sports networks that are forced upon me in the bundled packages. I am uncomfortable with my local news being pre-empted when the business of NFL football runs over its allotted time.

It is not that I do not like sports. It is that I do not like the required purchase of overly-commercialized "sports" (that are really corporate entities more than sports) that are prevalent on cable TV. (please note that I do understand that ESPN creates jobs in my state)

I think one channel of alternative viewpoints is worthwhile in light of the nearly dozen sports channels that I am required to pay for.

Kudo to Comcast for carrying this new news channel.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
espn probably creates thousands of jobs in Connecticut. Doesn't make it better that they charge your first born for carriage.

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by mikedz4:

espn probably creates thousands of jobs in Connecticut. Doesn't make it better that they charge your first born for carriage.

Agreement is abundant.