how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tjack
Premium
join:2003-10-13
Buffalo, NY

[Internet] There was an outage and now problems!!!

Yesterday morning there was A TW outage about 3 AM. I called TW and the automated voice confirmed the outage. It came back, and now I have problems. Pages are very slow to load and many times I have to reload the page to get it to appear. I also noticed that the light on the modem doesn't flash continuously like it did before the outage. It will flash for a few seconds and then stay on for about 10 seconds and then flash again. Has anyone experienced this?

kilrathi
Premium
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY
can you access modem diagnostics page? if so check models log and signals, its possible that you maybe having continous t4 or t3 errors etc...

try calling tier 3 tech support and ask them what they see for ur modem, also post on direct support forums here.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:5
Also, try pings and traceroutes.

tjack
Premium
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for the replies. I posted in the TW direct support forum and was told that the outage has not been cleared at this time. They are still working in the area which will have some impact on my services until fully restored. I just hope it doesn't take too long. It's really a pain.

Rick4769

join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY
I have 50/5 internet through TWC and my speeds are no better than 12/5 and slow connectivity. Tech 3 support mentioned there was a problem at there end and would get back to me tomorrow. I live in Amherst.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:13
reply to tjack

Have you tried renewing your adapter info bud??

Open a command prompt and type ipconfig/release_all and then ipconfig/renew_all

That might do it (If its not better after they are done)

brenix

join:2004-03-27
San Diego, CA
reply to tjack

Re: [Internet] There was an outage and now problems!!!

For me, I recently received a firmware push. After that my 50/5 speeds are also ranging from 3/5 - 20/5. Talked with level 3 and they didn't know so they sent a tech out.. The tech replaced my modem and I still get horribly slow speeds. The strange thing is if I run a speed test from their site (speedtest.west.rr.com) I get the full 50/5. But everything else (downloads, speedtest.net, testmy.net, etc..) all have slow speeds.. I feel either the network is saturated a lot or something else on their end is having issues..

tjack
Premium
Buffalo, NY
Just to let everyone know my internet is back to normal. I hope it stays this way. I also live in Amherst.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:13
reply to tjack

Good im glad to read this

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon FiOS
reply to tjack

Re: [Internet] There was an outage and now problems!!!

Click for full size
Today I did a speed test and this was my results. I have 50/5 internet. Tech 3 support is suppose to call me back this afternoon.

brenix

San Diego, CA
Let me know if you hear anything about this... I have the same issue. It seems this is occurring only with users with the 50/5 tier..

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY
A tech is scheduled to come to my home this Tuesday. Tech 3 support told me on the phone there are a lot of errors coming out of my Arris Gateway.

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon FiOS
reply to tjack
Click for full size
Can't wait until this Tuesday to get my problem corrected. 50/5 is now!

brenix

San Diego, CA
I have a second appointment today.. Im still seeing this as well..