ISP Employee
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

4 edits

TSI Outages

ISP Employee

Issues Report **UPDATE - August 29th,2013 9:24 PM**

Hello,

We've been advised that there is currently a fiber cut affecting our Greensboro POI. This may result in slow speeds to our Cable Internet Subscribers served by the Rogers areas. We have been advised that this issue is currently being worked on. No current ETA has been provided.

We are also experiencing issues with our TekTalk VOIP service. This issue is also currently being investigated.

We are also experiencing an internal issue where our office is not able to access DSLreports. We are in contact with DSLreports MODs to assist in fixing this issue. We apologize for the delayed responses on TekSavvy's Direct and Public forums.

We are still experiencing DHCP and RF issues on our Wolfedale POI in the Mississauga Area.

We are also experiencing a DHCP issue on our Comstock POI

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are also receiving reports that there are currently service interruptions in the following areas for our DSL service:

- Montreal
- Toronto
- Kitchener
- "Possibly" Ottawa (Still to determine)
- St Fereol
- Burlington
- Waterloo
- Sudbury
- Kennisis Lake

We apologize for the inconvenience and are hard at work to resolve these issues.

Thank you,

TSI Jonathan

Robleh
join:2009-07-14
canada

Robleh

Re: Outage Report (Ontario Wide Outage rCable)

This is really getting out of hand...

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

*sigh*
Xuhum
Premium Member
join:2007-10-05
Canada

Xuhum to TSI Outages

Premium Member

to TSI Outages
For once I'm not affected from a Rogers wide outage.
I'm on Richmond Rd. POI.
Kin
join:2007-08-23
Ottawa, ON

Kin to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Its not so much an outage as flickering. Better than nothing!

NytOwl
join:2012-09-27
canada

NytOwl to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

*sigh*

Sounds like you could use a drink... :P

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

And currently on Rogers network:

Gotta make you wonder..........
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Outage? Or slow Internet? Because my Internet is just slow.
Xuhum
Premium Member
join:2007-10-05
Canada

Xuhum to elitefx

Premium Member

to elitefx
Yeah, this can't be all of Ontario wide. My friend on St. Laurent POI is down and I'm not, as well as you.
c_gadfly
join:2008-05-23
Toronto

c_gadfly to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
very sad to see TekSavvy suffer like this. Poor customers get to feel the brunt of it. Very flaky internet all morning.
sakraycore
join:2008-01-08
Scarborough, ON

sakraycore to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
It was never actually fixed so not suprised to see this really.

Get your act together Teksavvy...it's getting old.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

2 of the 9 backhaul links are down.

fiber cut in Greensboro it looks like now.
vulcanrider
join:2011-10-28
Orleans, ON

vulcanrider to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Could this be related to them pushing out a software update for the cable (tv) boxes? Turned on the TV this morning and saw a new UI on the EPG.

thor86
@teksavvy.com

thor86 to Xuhum

Anon

to Xuhum
Hmm fine in Ottawa for testing:

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to sakraycore

Mod

to sakraycore
Like TekSavvy is responsible for the fibre in Greensboro and the backhaul links at Rogers end?
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Not really making sense how this can happen but I noticed when this started that I am seeing ICMP replies disappear on the way back from seemingly "random" hosts. Just happens to be some hosts I'm trying to do OS package upgrades from. *sigh*

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to sakraycore

to sakraycore
said by sakraycore:

You just never learn do you?
Expand your moderator at work

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook to 34764170

Mod

to 34764170

Re: Outage Report (Ontario Wide Outage rCable)

What happens brad is the return path can be different from the sending path.

So, say one packet goes out on one backhaul link from YM to Front, but the routing may attempt to send it back on a different backhaul link (after all it doesn't matter what path the ACK takes as long as it gets there!) Well if the one of those backhauls is out, then the ACK packet disappears.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to TSI Outages

Premium Member

to TSI Outages
flows from customers are distributed across nine 10gig/sec (soon to be 14) backhaul links.

there is currently no dynamic routing to adjust, despite having asked to have something like this implemented, as a result any flows trying to go to those two links, will die in transit given the cut.

until rogers removes those links from the mix, or fixes the links, that traffic will continue to get dropped. anybody could at any time feel the effects of this. it all depends how each flow happens to get push down the pipes by the routers.

we're working to get this fixed as quickly as possible.
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

vincom to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
ist time in awhile that im having problems in Bolton ont., pretty sure its a rogers issue as tv channels are also having issues and users from rogers dsl forum are posting issues, but hardly any rogers users use that forum so hard to gage how many are affected

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

looks like a truck collision.. hope nobody is hurt.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
We are also currently unable to access DSLr from our office connection. We are currently working with DSLreports to try and determine the issue and resolve it (typing from tethered cellphone right now). We apologize if the Direct threads are running behind and if there is not much interaction here on our part.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Oh. Are you kidding me? geeze that is ghetto. I've done the whole lets not use dynamic routing on portions of a network (bosses decision) and it always comes back to bite you in the ass.

Or another place I worked we had an Internet connection spec'd out by Bell across their MPLS network that was supposed to have failover. I looked at the diagram and said there is no BGP involved how is this supposed to work? Of course it didn't work when I tested it.
sakraycore
join:2008-01-08
Scarborough, ON

sakraycore to TypeS

to TypeS
said by TypeS:

said by sakraycore:

You just never learn do you?

Learn what? Considering the crisis has lasted for a whole month now and is still not resolved speaks volumes about how much Teksavvy really wants to solve this. Enough is enough and more action needs to be taken to address this.

If I sound cranky, it's cuz I am. I expected it to be fixed in days and I gave them up to a week. It's now a whole month. Honestly I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of people just switched ISPs without saying anything at all.

TemporalFlux
Premium Member
join:2003-08-07
Ottawa, ON

2 edits

TemporalFlux to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

looks like a truck collision.. hope nobody is hurt.

I wonder if it was a Rogers truck...
amjsolstice
join:2011-02-23
Kitchener, ON

amjsolstice to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
I'm not seeing internet outages, but my TekTalk is down.

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook to sakraycore

Mod

to sakraycore
If you've read the reply from Marc and other TSI staff, "this" is a unique pair of incidents today and not related to the problems you're complaining about. "This" has nothing whatsoever to do with earlier problems.
Expand your moderator at work