spc
Search similar:

uniqs
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to Annex

to Annex

Re: Outage Report (Ontario Wide Outage rCable)

This is Rogers we're talking about. Is this really a surprise?
hdefjunkie
join:2005-01-14
Kanata, ON

hdefjunkie to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages

Re: Issues Report **UPDATE - 2:00**

Being a telecommuter and while not affected by this, switched back to DSL recently, am glad to have the MiFi as a backup.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck to 34764170

to 34764170

said by 34764170:

This is Rogers we're talking about. Is this really a surprise?

all the Rogers hate in the world doesn't change the fact that accidents happen with cuts. but they do seem mentally challenged in running and configuring their equipment to avoid some of this stuff to begin with.

i have a feeling they have no actual qualified staff and simply constantly outsource their core network stuff to a third party.
yabos
join:2003-02-16
London, ON

yabos to Annex

to Annex
said by Annex:

said by yabos:

We saw this not too long ago but before aggregated. Rogers doesn't seem to have redundant physical paths. They may have redundant links but they seem to run them on the same physical path.

Redundancy is one thing, but unless that truck exploded in a massive fireball that ripped the ground open there is no reason why important communication lines should be either a) unburried or b) anywhere close to the road. Hell if its this fragile whats next, "a tree fell somewhere, no internet" or "the wind blew too hard, no internet" or "a big fat bird sat on the line and it fell, no internet".

Rogers uses poles and also buried cable. I'm sure you've seen the poles along roads pretty much everywhere carrying fiber. They're not going to cut a path through a forest just for their cable unless there's no existing path. They're going to use a path which is already accessible such as the side of a road. They really should be running multiple physical paths for traffic so this problem doesn't happen. I think someone said a while back that they do that for their own customers, but TPIA they don't.
supertecht
join:2013-07-19

supertecht to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages

Yeah, service has been mediocre as of late.

Service @ HWY 7 & Bayview has been intermittent all day today.
34764170 (banned)
Etobicoke, ON

1 recommendation

34764170 (banned) to jmck

to jmck

They could have redundancy but they don't. This isn't some small company no one has heard of.
ry29
join:2010-05-12

ry29 to Annex

to Annex
My favourite outage from Rogers was when all of Ontario went dark in 2002, blamed an animal for chewing a fibre cable somewhere
coolspot18
join:2012-10-23

coolspot18 to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages

Teksavvy should consider offering a dual cable + DSL package. Maybe if you order both types of connections they can give you a 10% - 15% discount.

Would be a nice way of appeasing users of all the poor service lately?

KPaul
join:2007-02-08

KPaul to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Seems things have really picked up to relative normalcy on the speeds for me.

anyone else?
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
So is the TEKTALK outage related to this or no? When is the ETA on TEKTALK?

Maxx2006
join:2013-02-02
Guelph, ON

Maxx2006

Tektalk working here did you try and reboot the ATA?

Fraoch
join:2003-08-01
Cambridge, ON
SmartRG SR808ac
TP-Link EAP225
Grandstream HT502

Fraoch to KPaul

to KPaul
said by KPaul:

anyone else?

Yes things seem to be back to normal here for about an hour or so.
c_gadfly
join:2008-05-23
Toronto
Hitron CDA3
Asus RT-AC68
Obihai OBi202

c_gadfly to KPaul

to KPaul
said by KPaul:

anyone else?

Things seem to be on the mend at ex-Scarlett POI.
34764170 (banned)
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Yay, things working better now.
mt99808
join:2008-11-05
Chatham, ON

mt99808 to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Is this a Rogers only issue? Came home to no internet in Chatham. I'm getting so f'ing annoyed dealing with this Teksavvy BS
kanatamike
join:2013-07-19
Kanata, ON

kanatamike to eb

to eb
said by eb :

Kanata (Fallowfield POI) has unreliable internet. I can't even connect to my work VPN. I can resolve domain names, but pinging google is intermittent to say the least.

I'm on Fallowfield. Haven't experienced any problems.
kanatamike

kanatamike to mt99808

to mt99808
said by mt99808:

Is this a Rogers only issue? Came home to no internet in Chatham. I'm getting so f'ing annoyed dealing with this Teksavvy BS

If you're in Chatham you can go to Teksavvy's office and chew them out in person instead of boring us here.

Atticka
join:2001-11-26
Montreal, QC

Atticka to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
In Dorval and the speed dropped to 3\1 on a 25\7 line.

Is this related?

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

Hi Atticka,

If you are on DSL it may be related to the issues we and our vendor are currently experiencing in Montreal. I would recommend to post in our Direct Forum »/forum ··· avdirect

Our Direct forum is a little busy right now as we had no access for part of the day but we'll get to you.

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan
jmarlatt2
join:2006-09-20
Chatham, ON

jmarlatt2 to mt99808

to mt99808
No problems in Chatham here over cable Internet. Have had teksavvy over cogeco since day 1. Only have had some signal issues that cogeco fixed promptly with a new line from the street to my house and some minor slowdowns earlier this week.

Feeling sorry for teksavvy and all the users on Rogers, wish rogers would just fix their crap.

Atticka
join:2001-11-26
Montreal, QC

Atticka to TSI Jonathan

to TSI Jonathan
Thanks! Already have a post, will sit tight.

evil_gusgus
join:2008-04-14
London, ON

evil_gusgus to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
I feel bad for you guys. You haven't been able to catch a break in what seems like forever.

The outage threads are a huge help though!

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Thanks! We are also working on some new outage stuff to make life easier (announcement/reporting wise)
TSIFTW
join:2013-08-24
Windsor, ON

1 recommendation

TSIFTW to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
*Posted this in another thread, but thought it would also be relevant here as well so sorry for posting this twice but it's worth the read IMO*

I was at work today and was talking with my boss, mentioning the issues that TekSavvy was facing. He told me a story that is somewhat similar to the situation that TekSavvy is now facing. This happened 30 years ago, but I think with some sort of "modernization" we can possibly employ similar methods to reach a consensus on this very clearly out-of-control situation.

He explained how back in the 80's he worked for a cable TV company in Kingston and this one particular channel wouldn't come in, as there was a damaged line somewhere. The owners of the infrastructure were either too lazy or busy to fix the problem. This cable TV company would receive call after call and letter after letter of people up in arms over this one channel missing or basically unwatchable. After enough calls to make his head spin, the company CEO decided to have the employees tell all customers with issues that revolve around this problem to call the CRTC and had his employees provide the number for the customers to contact the CRTC. Needless to say, thousands upon thousands of calls flooded the CRTC.

Can anyone guess what happened?

Within 3 weeks the line was patched (with a whole lot of grumbling on the owner of the infrastructure's part).

Moral of the story? Complaining to/about TekSavvy won't solve anything. We need to stand up as a people and get the powers that be(as hesitant as they are) to actually do something to force a resolution on Rogers part.

So for my part I've made my call, even though my service is up and running. I just can't see this go on any further.

1-877-249-CRTC (2782) for anyone who wants it. Let's make a difference instead of complaining.

KPaul
join:2007-02-08

KPaul

Now we need TSI to do that...

Malik
@209.141.167.x

Malik

Anon

My cable internet is still not working. Its almost six days over since the breakdown of my internet service. Any update on the issue. I am in Mississauga near Queensway/Hurontario Intersection. Troubleshooting gives a message "local area network does not seem to have a valid IP configuration."

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to KPaul

Premium Member

to KPaul
said by KPaul:

Now we need TSI to do that...

Apparently they are, quietly, at least what they've hinted. Problem is it might still take a while for anything to happen given the bureaucratic procedures.
RealityBites
join:2013-08-29

RealityBites to Malik

to Malik
I"ve had no signal whatsoever since about 3 this afternoon. Cable sub, downtown Toronto.

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

rodjames to TSI Outages

Premium Member

to TSI Outages
My route seems to be back up. rsync is now running at a normal rate. What sucks for me on this, is I have TSI DSL at the datacenter, and TSI Cable here at the house. Which causes all kinds of fun troubleshooting scenarios LOL!

C:\Users\Rod>tracert locl.ca

Tracing route to locl.ca [173.195.56.63]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms router.lan [192.168.1.1]
2 8 ms 7 ms 15 ms 10.124.128.129
3 18 ms 15 ms 15 ms 69.63.255.13
4 17 ms 14 ms 15 ms gw01.etob.phub.net.cable.rogers.com [66.185.83.1
97]
5 15 ms 17 ms 16 ms 69.196.136.74
6 21 ms 15 ms 15 ms igw01.front.net.cable.rogers.com [198.32.181.45]

7 17 ms 27 ms 15 ms gw01.mtpi.phub.net.cable.rogers.com [66.185.81.1
38]
8 33 ms 24 ms 31 ms 24.153.7.2
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 20 ms 21 ms 21 ms 72.1.192.46
11 23 ms 21 ms 20 ms 173.195.56.63

Trace complete.
monsoon66
join:2007-01-13
Toronto, ON

monsoon66 to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
On Comstock POI and still no service even though all lights on the modem are solid.