spc
uniqs
RickM
join:2010-10-06
Winter Springs, FL

RickM to tracktech

to tracktech

Re: 6 Tuners with cablecard & tuning adapter

can someone that got the 6 tuner Roamio confirm that it will definitely work with the Bright House Central Florida cable cards. I want to make sure before I buy one
StPeteDave
join:2013-02-17
Saint Petersburg, FL

StPeteDave

I'm in St Pete. Using a single M card on the Roamio and enjoying six glorious tuners of simultaneous goodness. Go for it, you won't regret the purchase. Tivo finally has made a DVR that matters after almost 10 years of mediocrity.

opp
@bhn.net

opp

Anon

said by StPeteDave:

I'm in St Pete. Using a single M card on the Roamio and enjoying six glorious tuners of simultaneous goodness. Go for it, you won't regret the purchase. Tivo finally has made a DVR that matters after almost 10 years of mediocrity.

Can you get 6 SDV channels at once?
StPeteDave
Saint Petersburg, FL

StPeteDave

said by opp :

said by StPeteDave:

Can you get 6 SDV channels at once?

Yep, no issues.
wbrightfl
join:2004-07-15
Fort Lauderdale, FL

wbrightfl to StPeteDave

to StPeteDave
Hi Dave. Can you give us a review comparing the features and programming guide of the new TIVO Roamio vs. the Bright House DVR and guide? Pros and cons? Is it worth it to switch to a TIVO Roamio?

Thanks,
Wes
StPeteDave
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 recommendation

StPeteDave

said by wbrightfl:

Hi Dave. Can you give us a review comparing the features and programming guide of the new TIVO Roamio vs. the Bright House DVR and guide? Pros and cons? Is it worth it to switch to a TIVO Roamio?

Thanks,
Wes

Actually, I've been putting off writing a full review (will still do that). But, to specifically address your question, here's a quick overview:

Pros:
6 tuners
Ability to use Tivo Mini in other rooms of the house to share the DVR (without additional DVR/cable box fees)
Fantastic integration with popular services like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon, MLB, etc (it really is now my single settop box)
Ability to offload recorded content (subject to content owner restrictions) to an iPhone or iPad to view offline (on a plane, etc)
Future ability to live stream Tivo content outside the home (coming this fall)
Better search functionality than Brighthouse DVRs
More information about shows, actors, etc

Cons:
Tivo service fees ($15 ish per month and $5 per Tivo Mini)
Cable Cards (flaky to get setup, but once working, they're fine)
No access to on-demand features from Brighthouse

Hope this helps.