Search similar:

uniqs
jj358mhz
join:2004-10-06
Berkeley, CA

jj358mhz

General Technical Questions

Hi all,

I am a fairly new Comcast HSI subscriber and I had a couple questions around the technology:

1. In general, will my SNR and power levels change as Comcast provisions new users on the same 'trunk' line?

2. After a new user is provisioned (like myself), will Comcast perform initial tweaks in their system to optimized my connections (frequencies, SNR, power levels)?

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

baineschile

Premium Member

1. similar, but not exact. A lot of it is based on interior wiring in your home, or the drop line to your house.

2. These should be adjusted on site when the technician does your installation. There are some homes that are already connected to the Comcast lines, so there is a chance it will just be "plug and play". Power levels arent controlled through a computer like routing or config files.

Hope that helps!
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to jj358mhz

Premium Member

to jj358mhz
Think of cable as running water. It branches out and no matter what happens to your side of the stream doesnt effect the other flowing water. Unless of course it gets poisoned. So no hooking more people up wont have any adverse effects on your line.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

I disagree with analogy : If you have a water source splitting off into multiple outlets, every time you cap off any of them, it increases the pressure of the remaining open ones. We won't talk about pressure regulators, etc. The analogy is just straight on distribution.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Point taken but in any analogy, i think he got the idea.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

1 recommendation

Johkal

MVM

Just bustin your stones my friend.