uniqs
share rss forum feed

norbert26
Premium
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

email from Clear

Dear Norbert,

On July 9, 2013, Clearwire became part of Sprint® Corporation. With this change, we want to assure you that for the near term, the same great service you receive today will continue.
Your CLEAR device and service plan will continue to work.
CLEAR customer service will remain available to you at the same contact number and hours of operation. You should continue to contact CLEAR for account and billing assistance the same way you always have, through the My Account section of www.clear.com or by calling CLEAR customer service, toll-free, at 888-888-3113.
My Account will be available.
We also want to inform you that our CLEAR stores will close soon. The timetable for closings varies by location but most stores will close by August 31, 2013. If you pay your monthly service fee using cash, you can make a payment through select CLEAR authorized retail dealers. You can also pay with a credit/debit card online through My Account, or by calling CLEAR at 888.888.3113.

To learn more about Clearwire becoming part of Sprint, please visit the FAQ page.

We look forward to serving your wireless and data needs.

Sincerely,

CLEAR

Tempus

join:2013-07-23
MA, USA

The phrase that worries me there is "near term".

norbert26
Premium
Warwick, RI

said by Tempus:

The phrase that worries me there is "near term".

ditto very concerning and no time table given

texasghost

@clearwire-wmx.net

I just contacted Clear about the email and my main concern was my bill going up. I have been with Clear since they rolled out. And I am still on their "pick 2 plan" Where I still have the home hub and USB.

But the Clear rep informed me..that..for the time being...everyone's account with Clear...will remain the same. But that Sprint will be sending out notices if there is any change to your account.

And on Clear's website...they are no longer selling Clear equipment. So my guess is...Clear..as we know it...will be going away.

norbert26
Premium
Warwick, RI

said by texasghost :

I just contacted Clear about the email and my main concern was my bill going up. I have been with Clear since they rolled out. And I am still on their "pick 2 plan" Where I still have the home hub and USB.

But the Clear rep informed me..that..for the time being...everyone's account with Clear...will remain the same. But that Sprint will be sending out notices if there is any change to your account.

And on Clear's website...they are no longer selling Clear equipment. So my guess is...Clear..as we know it...will be going away.

The "time being" or the "near term" i'm starting to figure means the next 6 months to a year at best. They will be converting to TD-LTE and if they keep the WI-MAX along side it will be with limited data plans. There is one thing to keep in mind is third party resellers such as freedom pop and net zero run off the Clearwire network therefore how they will be handled raises a question. We all need to start exploring alternate means of internet access during this "near term" or "grace period" as the hand writing is clearly on the wall. Its not "if" the end comes but "when" the end comes.

texasghost

@clearwire-wmx.net

Well...aside from my bill..my only concern is...I have had terrible quality with Sprint in the past. I had them for a year..and dumped them cause I could never get a fast signal from them.

If Sprint ends up changing my account where I go from unlimited which I have now...to capped..and on top of it...charges me more a month for capped internet...I guess I will have to move on.

I just don't like having to switch if I don't have to. Why can't things stay the same? Like Country Time lemonade? lol.