Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LOLMonopoly

join:2013-08-29
Burlington, IA

WatchESPN - a year later

Mediacom,

Do we have any kind of update on WatchESPN? I'm sure there will be some kind of canned response about negotiations, but I figure with College Football starting again it would be worth checking. It's too bad you guys get to control my area. Hmph. However, keep in mind that a high-quality stream can be cause for large amounts of data to be consumed! There's a plan - take the front-end loss on negotiations to get customers access and then make it all up in data overages from buffoon football fans who don't know any better!

I think I could work in upper management in your company with thoughts like that. Where do I submit my resume?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:116
Unfortunately at this time I do not have any information on this.

hdtv00

join:2003-06-13
Silvis, IL
reply to LOLMonopoly
Wait what, they dropped support for this...jesus mediacom I leave town for two months and you fall to even worse levels of service...unreal.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
hdtv00,

Mediacom has not had the WatchESPN app in the past. We have always had ESPN3 though.

hdtv00

join:2003-06-13
Silvis, IL
Yea correct I RAN straight to the website to check myself. Yea it was ESPN3 I was thinking of I've used that for well forever I love it. I've watched so many Nebraska Football games before they were in the big ten it's not even funny.

linerate

join:2013-08-30
Huntsville, AL
reply to MediacomChad
Make that another request for WatchESPN.

DoctorX

join:2010-08-01
reply to LOLMonopoly
espn3 is broke. I cannot watch anything on there now... It keeps telling me to put in my provider and Mediacom is no longer listed. Fix!

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
Hello DoctorX,

I have logged into ESPN3 here at the office. I went to www.mediacomtoday.com in Google Chrome and logged in with my Mediacom email address and password. Over on the right hand side of the page there is a section that says Mediacom Networks and under that a button to click for espn3.com. This worked for me, let me know how you are trying to access it.

DoctorX

join:2010-08-01
i tried that... but when i when to watch something on it.. it popped up a window and asked me to pick a provider... mediacom was not among the choices. I have done the same things i have for years. Can you verify?

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
I was able to login and use it no problem. Also, I have not heard any other reports about this.

motoman

join:2006-03-21
Waterloo, IN
He's right Chad, I get the same popup and MC isn't on the list to pick from.

IowaMan
Premium
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to MediacomChad
Click for full size
Chad, I click on the Watch ESPN and Mediacom is NOT listed BUT I click on REMOTE ACCESS and I get the following so something is there I just need to use Mediacom credentials but not sure how.

maleitch4

join:2004-01-13
I hope I can help some, and this is mostly on ESPN right or wrong.

First ESPN offered free streaming of certain sports at a site called espn360.com
ESPN then switched the name to espn3.com but the content seemed about the same.
FINALLY, ESPN split the streaming service into the old espn3.com and watchespn.com

espn3.com is still "free" for members of certain ISP's like mediacom, HOWEVER, the watchespn.com service is now only available with certain providers which is why some of you have run into the prompt to specify your provider.

To make matters worse, ESPN moved most of the "free" popular games from espn3.com to their premium and exclusive service watchespn.com which makes the espn3.com service pretty useless now.

Finally to make things even more obnoxious, ESPN has decided to embed BOTH of these services in the same epsn3.com interface which makes it confusing as hell. Again that is why some of you have accidentally stumbled upon the watchespn.com premium content.

So the issue is that mediacom would need to provide service to the full watchespn.com service on top of the pretty much worthless epsn3.com service.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to IowaMan
IowaMan, that must be an error on the site. We do not offer WatchESPN at this time.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to maleitch4
maleitch4, we currently offer ESPN3 , but you will need to be on our network to use it. We do not offer WatchESPN at this time.

IowaMan
Premium
Grinnell, IA
reply to MediacomChad
Could you add me to the list who want WatchESPN and service for iOS/Android?
Family Cable will go up to $75 or $80 eventually anyway so give me something Mediacom for my $$$

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
No problem, I have added your request.

IowaMan
Premium
Grinnell, IA
reply to maleitch4
If you click on remote access with your connection did you see the same thing I did?

maleitch4

Yes IowaMan, I get the same message, but I believe this refers to accessing the lame espn3.com content and not the watchespn.com content. The fact that ESPN combines the two is truly horrible and confusing. Bottomline is that none of us will have access to watchespn.com until mediacom management signs on to it.

maleitch4

reply to MediacomChad
I know, I was hoping to clear up the confusion of espn3.com vs watchespn.com

garn91

join:2005-01-15
Ankeny, IA
reply to maleitch4
said by maleitch4:

Bottomline is that none of us will have access to watchespn.com until mediacom management signs on to it.

That probably won't happen until the next time Mediacom's carriage agreement with ESPN comes up for renewal. That's what i've seen from other MSO's around the country.