spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cap

@rogers.com

[TV] TV Picture Freezes

We live in Mississauga. We had a tech over to string a temporary cable as the existing one was damaged. Everything was fine that night, but the next day and today the picture freezes for about a minute or so every ten minutes or less. We still have analog. I've heard a few others in Mississauga and Brampton complain about the same reception but Rogers says there is no problem. Anyone know what is going on?

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
analog freezing is a head end problem

HugoHakk

@rogers.com
reply to Cap
said by Cap :

We live in Mississauga. We had a tech over to string a temporary cable as the existing one was damaged. Everything was fine that night, but the next day and today the picture freezes for about a minute or so every ten minutes or less. We still have analog. I've heard a few others in Mississauga and Brampton complain about the same reception but Rogers says there is no problem. Anyone know what is going on?

We have been having freezing problems too, using an Explorer 3100HD, the other night there was massive pixelation on most channels, when I switched off the 3100 and went back to direct cable feed (no analog box) it was the same. Something is screwy with the channels ever since they started trashing channels and moving them to digital.

I'm in the Mavis/401 area in Mississauga

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
reply to Cap
Cap ... analogue freezing is as paolo said, a head end problem ...

HugoHakk since you're on Digital, your signal quality isn't good enough.

Both of you .. Call Rogers 1-888-ROGERS1

Cap

@rogers.com
What is a head end problem?

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Where the cable signals come from. The Rogers facility.

HugoHakk

@rogers.com
reply to sbrook
said by sbrook See Profile

HugoHakk since you're on Digital, your signal quality isn't good enough.

Both of you .. Call Rogers 1-888-ROGERS1
[/BQUOTE :

Thanks sbrook! - I was thinking of getting a Nextbox 3 because I thought it may be the 3100 that was causing issues

Ron

@rogers.com
I am having the same problem off and on. Had rogers over 3 times in the last 6 months to check out the freezing, broken picture etc. but it happens almost everyday. Some times it doesn't happen on all channels. Some times it will last for a few minutes up to a few hours. The tech would tell me that my signal is OK. of course its checked when all is OK, can never get them to check when I am having the issue. When I disconnect my digital box and connect the cable directly to the TV all is OK on the analogue stations. The tech tells me that my cable in the house going to the other TVs is old as it was done 20 years ago and can be the problem. I have 2 digital boxes and one digital adapter. The problem will happen on all the TVs at the same time. I really don't want to up grade my cable in the house if the cable is not the issue but something to do outside. Weather related? humidity? rain? No point calling rogers every time I have an issue, if I did they would be here almost every day.
Ron