Lock him up!!!
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI

Snowy

Premium Member

Re: The Skype/Microsoft Scam

UPDATE:
The Skype/Microsoft attempt at scamming the soon to expire credit card data with the new credit card data continues.
I guess it should be seen as an attempt by Skype/Microsoft to go from outright lying to a game of words.

Rather than sticking with their original threat:
Action Required - Your subscription will be cancelled next month due to expiring credit/debit card
"The credit/debit card VISA-SKYPE XXXX-redacted you currently use for your subscription payments will expire at the end of the month.
This will cause your subscription to terminate at the end of the current billing period, which is on Sep 1, 2013. To ensure uninterrupted access to your Skype products, please update your payment details by visiting your account.
"

They are now playing with words:
"Upon checking our records, it shows that the credit card used to purchase for your subscription will (Sic) about to expire. If you will not update your credit card information, your subscription might be cancelled due to expired credit card. Therefore, we suggest for you to update the credit card information stored on your Skype account".

So now Skype/Microsoft claim that it "might" expire.
Bet your life it will expire Skype/Microsoft - it will expire at the end of June 2014 - I won't support a company that attempts to scam it's customers.
Snowy

Snowy

Premium Member

Not accepting Skypes/Microsft's word game playing I sent the following reply:
"Re-read my complaint & respond with a correct answer."

They must have figured out I wasn't going away until I got to the truth of the matter.
Their reply:
"We checked on your account and it shows that your subscription is active and the expiration of that is on June 29, 2014. We suggest to please disregard the email notification that you received.

Alleluia, Alleluia! they found the truth & it will set them free (from me).
So that's it - just disregard our BS since you are obviously not going to be fooled by it.

But first a debriefing:
1. Shameless lying should NEVER be tolerated by anyone under any circumstance.
2. Skype support pushes the self-help forums for issue resolution.
3. I found myself fumbling around the self-help forums looking for an explanation of how Skype/Microsoft could possibly justify prematurely cancelling a pre-paid active account just because the credit card used for the prepay was expiring.
It didn't take long to come to the truth of why they push the self-help forums.
I was wasting MY time on THEIR problem.
How convenient (for them).
4. Skype makes direct contact with them difficult by not making their contact address readily available.
Their contact address is:
en_support@skype.net
I suggest this be used whenever a Skype issue is present.
Their self-help forums are not what they used to be - just as Skype is not as they used to be - it is no longer a community - it's a business run with little regard for honesty - this thread is the proof of that.
5. This whole thing about expiring credit card prematurely terminating a pre-paid active account is centered on their "Auto Recharge" feature.
I don't use any form of "Auto Recharge" anywhere, including Skype.

Am I pissed at Skype's behavior?
Giving the option I'd introduce a new word definition into The English language:
Define:Skype
/skp/
adjective
adjective: deceptive
1. giving an appearance or impression different from the true one; misleading.
synonyms: misleading, illusory, illusionary, specious