spc
Search similar:

uniqs

MaryC
@mindspring.com

MaryC

Anon

Free Antenna

I just set up my free antenna and am now able to get CBS on Channel 2 but am unable to get KCAL Channel 9, which is where the Dodger games are. Hubby not happy. Any suggestions?

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA

Suit Up

KCBS is a UHF channel. And KCAL 9 is a VHF channel. So you'll need to adjust the two long poles (and make sure they are pulled all the way out) in order to get KCAL.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to MaryC

Premium Member

to MaryC
yeah I set my up too but can't get shit because my TV does not have a ATSC tuner

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

1 recommendation

Suit Up

said by Anonymous_:

yeah I set my up too but can't get shit because my TV does not have a ATSC tuner

The analog shutoff happened 3 years ago and you're expecting to still pull in NTSC channels? If you want OTA, either buy a converter box or buy a new TV.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude to Suit Up

Premium Member

to Suit Up
said by Suit Up:

KCBS is a UHF channel. And KCAL 9 is a VHF channel. So you'll need to adjust the two long poles (and make sure they are pulled all the way out) in order to get KCAL.

Move it outside, somewhere else, place it higher, etc. Or get a more powerful antenna if it is too weak. Check »tvfool.com for the details on where the transmitters are (most are on Mt. Wilson).

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member

Anonymous_ to Suit Up

Premium Member

to Suit Up
it's 50$ for a box they locally they raised the price after CBS was shut off

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up

said by Anonymous_:

it's 50$ for a box they locally they raised the price after CBS was shut off

You can find some on Amazon.com for $35. Weren't they always around $50? I thought the free coupon was for $45?

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member

Anonymous_

Premium Member

no they had some for 20$ ish before cheap ones