Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Can some canadian companies come here?

Be pissed canadian companies and come here! Lower some prices and give us more competition!
dra6o0n
join:2011-08-15
Mississauga, ON

dra6o0n

The only 'canadian' ones is Bell, Rogers, and Telus.
But by a true stance of Canadian citizenship and native homeland for the business, Rogers isn't a pure canadian since it was a division of AT&T.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

No..not really. Rogers was started 1925 and had nothing to do with AT&T. Rogers Wireless was at one time Cantel AT&T then Rogers AT&T, with AT&T being a large shareholder of that division, but they have nothing to do with Rogers anymore. Rogers also was in business with Sprint for a short time with home phone.

If anything, Verizon would come up here, buy Wind, then it would turn around and sell it for profit, most likely to Rogers since they're likely the richest of the 3 largest telecommunication companies. And Verizon has enough cash and lobbyists to wag the dog, if you know what I mean.
J E F F4

J E F F4 to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008
Only one that is decent is Wind and they really aren't Canadian. Wind is a multinational telecommunication company with over 200 million customers. Unsure why they don't do business in the USA. But my plan is $30/month (plus regular taxes, nothing else, so total is $33.90) which is unlimited data and unlimited province wide calling. No complaints..it's not as fast as the others, but good enough for Netflix if I want, but perfect for Slacker and MLB Radio, only issue is that it is geographically limited. Service in my city is pretty good, but go the mall or downtown or Toronto for that matter, it does slow down. But..$30/month. I doubt Verizon can even touch that.
dra6o0n
join:2011-08-15
Mississauga, ON

dra6o0n to J E F F4

to J E F F4
So what you are saying, is that Verizon is technically coming into canada, under the guise of it's own agenda, when in reality it's being paid by incumbants to get rid of the small companies by scooping them up, and selling em back to the incumbants?

So whilst the plan is to divde and conquer the market, the incumbants will find a way to do the opposite and 'unite' all the lost pieces back to themselves?
hgroovy
join:2013-08-06
Toronto, ON

hgroovy to dra6o0n

to dra6o0n
said by dra6o0n:

The only 'canadian' ones is Bell, Rogers, and Telus.
But by a true stance of Canadian citizenship and native homeland for the business, Rogers isn't a pure canadian since it was a division of AT&T.

And bell was owned by verison...