dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
NoLongerTSI
join:2013-08-18

NoLongerTSI to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre

Re: [Cable] Paid Teksavvy $210 on August 2nd. Still no internet.

So the reason there was a delay was Teksavvy sent the order out to Rogers instead of Cogeco. So, Rogers,instead of pointing out to Teksavvy that Rogers does not provide service in that area, they ignored it. Anyways, Teksavvy got a hold of Cogeco and requested an expedited install. Because cogeco was not backed up like Rogers, they did not have a problem setting up an install for 5 days later.

Internet was installed on the 23rd. According to the install guy everything was good. Our internet connection has been dropping out every so often so I called in and they determined the return path power was below spec. They said someone from Teksavvy would call that day. No one has called so I attempted to call back every day since but because Teksavvy has an overwhelming amount of calls coming in because of the service outages, I am on hold for about hour and then disconnected or I request a call back which for some reason my cell phone blocks. I am just hoping to have this return path power brought up to spec.

Secondly, Teksavvy offered the one month credit plus 25% of one month (so a month and a quarter) because of the 21 day delay for activation. We were also offered another one month credit by another agent because they found out the root of the problem with the delay was Teksavvy mistakenly sending an order to Rogers instead of Cogeco. Teksavvy also accidentally charged us for DSL (you pay one month in advance for your services) for another month which brings the amount of DSL service paid for to September 23rd, even though we cancelled it september 23rd. So they offered a credit for this over charge as well. So we should be receiving 3 month credits (2 for the service problems and 1 for the DSL overcharge) plus 25% of one month. So far I have not seen these.

I am messaging Teksavvy through this forum because I cannot get through by phone. I am currently on hold and have been for an hour, before that I was on hold for an hour as well but was disconnected. I also tried emailing Teksavvy through their website but have not heard a response. My son had his cable internet installed at his house this week and although the connection is not dropping out, his return path power is also weak and cannot reach Teksavvy.

Any help from Teksavvy would be great. Thanks again in advance guys!

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

Hi NoLongerTSI,

I see on your account that someone spoke to you yesterday but you weren't able to confirm and were going to check in with your son to see if the connection was better. I'm sorry you are not able to reach us this evening, it has been quite a busy day. I won't be able to have someone contact you this evening as our queues are very busy and it's pretty much all hands on deck. Could you let me know a best time that I can have someone contact you most likely tomorrow and maybe PM me which phone number that you would like to be reached at? I will set that up for you first thing in the morning.

Thank you,

TSI Jonathan
protodoll
join:2010-11-11

protodoll to NoLongerTSI

to NoLongerTSI
said by NoLongerTSI:

So the reason there was a delay was Teksavvy sent the order out to Rogers instead of Cogeco.

said by TSI Marc:

there is no disorganization on our side.

So it WAS disorganization on the part of TSI.

Look, I don't want to harp on TSI. I get that they're doing their best. But when their best is placing the order to the wrong company and then ignoring it for a month? Andre listed all of their failures to communicate, and he's right -- you guys need to learn to talk to ALL of your customers, not just those of us who sit on the forums begging you for help.

TSI is bleeding customers not because Rogers and Bell are fucking with them (although they are). They're bleeding customers because, as far as we can tell, they do not care about us (us, here, refers to people who for reasons like NOT HAVING AN INTERNET CONNECTION cannot get to the forums).

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc

Premium Member

This customer was on the border between Cogeco and Rogers. We assumed incorrectly that he was with Rogers, he didn't say either. It was an honest mistake on both parts. This is an isolated issue and not at all related to other widespread problems. What I was referring to is not related to this issue although it seemed to be at the time.
protodoll

protodoll

said by TSI Marc:

This customer was on the border between Cogeco and Rogers. We assumed incorrectly that he was with Rogers, he didn't say either. It was an honest mistake on both parts. This is an isolated issue and not at all related to other widespread problems. What I was referring to is not related to this issue although it seemed to be at the time.

But this IS related to the widespread problem!

The widespread problems is that your service agents create tickets and then, because the whole lot of you is in this "once we send to Rogers it's gone!" mentality, they forget about the tickets. That would be fine if Rogers/Cogeco/Bell etc. were on top of things, but since they aren't, you need to be going to bat for us.

What we're seeing here is that you blame the other company and then IGNORE the ticket and everything about it for weeks. It gathers dust while we trust that you're doing something about it, only you aren't.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

that's just not true. we are doing a ton in the back ground. I just can't talk about it publically.

we are currently seeing up to 16 days of delays with some tickets.

what you are basically saying is, why not have each ticket reviewed again by other agents just in case the first agent made a mistake? is that what you're saying?

in this specific case, somebody needed to figure out that it wasn't a rogers line but a cogeco line. Our database said it was Rogers... maybe through more dialogue, it might have come up sooner that it was a Cogeco line.. ?

Gwai Lo Dan
join:2007-01-24
Mississauga, ON

Gwai Lo Dan

said by TSI Marc:

what you are basically saying is, why not have each ticket reviewed again by other agents just in case the first agent made a mistake? is that what you're saying?

I think he is saying "follow up on old tickets proactively" as opposed to (his perception of) lobbing it over to Rogers with no followup regardless of how long it is there, unless the customer calls again.

DHT
@108.174.24.x

DHT

Anon

I have exactly the same problem. You guys have a really bad customer service. There are no follow ups for the issues. I was supposed to get my service connected last Sunday and no one showed up, I wasted my morning waiting... This is unacceptable and on top of that I called and the agent said the same thing, "we will escalate this issue... this and that... you should receive a call in 48 hours" (40 minutes in a call) then no call, I have to call again and the same story... the 48 hours expired yesterday and I will call tomorrow to cancel and get a refund of my service moving fee...

I really liked Teksavvy but this is unacceptable I prefer to pay more to have a reliable ISP. I rely on the internet to do work from home and I cannot keep waiting.
protodoll

protodoll to Gwai Lo Dan

to Gwai Lo Dan
said by Gwai Lo Dan:

said by TSI Marc:

I think he is saying "follow up on old tickets proactively" as opposed to (his perception of) lobbing it over to Rogers with no followup regardless of how long it is there, unless the customer calls again.

That is exactly what I was trying to say. Thanks, Dan.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to Gwai Lo Dan

Premium Member

to Gwai Lo Dan
we are definitely doing that. The issue is that there are hundreds of tickets above what we normally have so its a fine line of managing the super-surplus of tickets vs the inbound wait times.

We recently put together a team to just handle ticket escalations.