join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U to comcastcust

Premium Member

to comcastcust

Re: [STB] New set top box - stuck on initial screen

That is where it starts - eventually it will start the download, and give you a progress indicator in some units - blocks maybe?

The actual download can take awhile - hour+ probably

After mine finished the download, it rebooted into iGuide, and initially only "basic" channels worked. Tech Support chat had to push something to the box to get all my channels to actually come thru - Guessing that the download put the box into a full factory default & it needed something pushed to it to allow all the channels
comcastcust4
join:2013-08-29

comcastcust4

Ok once the download completes will I be able to unplug the component cable and go back to using the HDMI? Also any idea why this would happen after we had been using the box nearly 2
Months with no issues?
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

maybe they updated the software and your box did not install it properly or your box did not update to the newer software and the software the box has is now not being used by comcast

ILpt4U
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U to comcastcust4

Premium Member

to comcastcust4
said by comcastcust4:

Ok once the download completes will I be able to unplug the component cable and go back to using the HDMI? Also any idea why this would happen after we had been using the box nearly 2
Months with no issues?

A guess, but Comcast pushed a signal to update the box's software/firmware, but when it tried to load with the HDMI connection, the loader fails

But yes, once the new software/firmware is loaded in, HDMI should work again
comcastcust4

comcastcust4

Thank you for all your help. Hopefully this works!
comcastcust4

comcastcust4

Ok 45 minutes later the screen looks exactly the same. No progress bar anywhere/ at all?

ILpt4U
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

ILpt4U

Premium Member

I don't even remember how long it took until it began the actual download -- you don't get a progress bar, more of a counter of total units to download vs total units already downloaded
comcastcust4

comcastcust4

Yeah no counter at all as of yet.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

ILpt4U

Premium Member

So did it end up working after letting it try last night?