guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to Thinkdiff

Premium Member

to Thinkdiff

Re: High bandwidth usage on residential generates letter

Exit relay is the default configuration for TOR, its pointless to shuffle traffic between TOR proxies. Yes it can be set to relay, whats the point of that?

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

said by guppy_fish:

Exit relay is the default configuration for TOR, its pointless to shuffle traffic between TOR proxies. Yes it can be set to relay, whats the point of that?

said by MrFix3:

I've been running a Tor non-exit relay on my home PC for a while

Point is it makes your scolding irrelevant. And I don't think a normal install of Tor defaults to being an exit relay, but it's been a long time since I used it.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

»www.torproject.org/docs/ ··· .html.en

"Note that public relays default to being exit relays"

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

Thanks, like I said, it's been awhile since I used it so I can't remember how I configured it. Seems silly to default to that when they make it very clear you shouldn't be running an exit relay on most connections. But the whole discussion is moot as the OP is running a non-exit relay.

So he's only breaking the Verizon TOS in two ways (providing services to others through your connection and excessive bandwidth), not three ways (copyright infringement)

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9 to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish
said by guppy_fish:

That would be the "O" part in TOR.