share rss forum feed

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3
reply to JohnnyGTO

Re: [AZ] Which way to jump?

Was I only one one thinking Kris Kross when seeing the title? Jump jump! =)

But seriously, broadband is almost always going to beat out DSL. But then again most options beat out DSL. Its a little old in the tooth IMHO. I just wish Cox would consider a premium FTTP service. That would be so cool. A "Zero Latency" gamer reference would be a easy sell. Need more infrastructure for that you say? Cox, meet Google Fiber. And with their powers combined...

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

said by Optimus2357:

But seriously, broadband is almost always going to beat out DSL. But then again most options beat out DSL. Its a little old in the tooth IMHO. I just wish Cox would consider a premium FTTP service. That would be so cool. A "Zero Latency" gamer reference would be a easy sell. Need more infrastructure for that you say? Cox, meet Google Fiber. And with their powers combined...

Oh noooooooooo. gamers are the bane of any provider because the network not only has to work but it has to work WELL!
--
Despises any post with strings.

Rakeesh

join:2011-10-30
Mesa, AZ
Reviews:
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Cox HSI
reply to Optimus2357

said by Optimus2357:

I don't think fiber can offer much in the way of better latency than cable. DSL for sure since most DSL implementations rely on interleaving, but latency to the border routers on HFC is pretty damn low, and "wirespeed" on optical, wireless, and copper media are all at the speed of light.