All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jaberi
join:2010-08-13

jaberi

Pop-up ads

not sure if i'm in the right forum, (if not mod please move it to where it should be)

a) i downloaded "adw cleaner".......didn't care for it as it was directing me to download all sorts of tool bar's......
b) i uninstalled it.
c) now each time i open a new page from the browser i get a drop down window asking me to rate the site i log in....it tells me congratulations, you have been selected for the survey, or you have won, this and that etc etc.
d) i have adblock plus........should that not be blocking these pop-up's?

what can i do to get rid of this pls?

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28

2 recommendations

justin

Mod

You should go to this forum
»Security Cleanup
but read the header and other "before posting" rules carefully first.
jaberi

jaberi

thanks justin, might be easy for some...for me the whole security cleanup forum is overwhelming.....

would system restore bring it back to the way it was?

when i restart my pc this is the message that pops up once windows has loaded..

"There was a problem starting C:\Program Files (x86)\Conduit\CT3308759\plugin\TBV Verifier.dll"

The specified module could not be found
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

System restore is pretty useless, many things will survive being restored to a previous point, and previous restore points can be infected too. Follow their link for help, but you can at least try using system restore.

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

rfhar to jaberi

Premium Member

to jaberi
I go to the "control panel, programs and features" and look to see what was added every time I download something. I often see something there I did not want and remove it. Click on the " installed on" column to get the latest additions.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

1 recommendation

CylonRed to jaberi

MVM

to jaberi
said by jaberi:

thanks justin, might be easy for some...for me the whole security cleanup forum is overwhelming.....

Do these steps - one at a time - everything is well written and documented:
»Security Cleanup FAQ »Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance - this is the link for the "What to do before posting"

Then post the logs (the text - do not upload the log file) and one of 2 users will have suggestions...

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium Member
join:2001-05-24
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

Locutus65 to jaberi

Premium Member

to jaberi
1. Make a system restore point.
2. Download Malwarebytes. Run it and let it clean the system for you.
»www.majorgeeks.com/files ··· are.html
jaberi

jaberi

can someone tell me what this is please?.....i see it in my start-up configuration...

ConduitFloat......unknown.......C:\WIndows\S......HKCU\Software
jaberi

jaberi to Locutus65

to Locutus65
i did do that and malawarebytes found nothing....
jaberi

1 edit

jaberi

ignore the question for conduit pls.....thanks to all of you who tried to help....:)

i was overwhelmed by "security cleanup" thread.....did not do system restore......because the stupid "CONDUIT" had me puzzled because i never seen it before...googled it, and found it, it's a tool bar....i already had it uninstalled, but there were fragments of it in the registry....i found a thread how to remove it, and can't believe i went into the registry, omg i found it there, and deleted it....from the left side...not sure what the right side said something about default...

restarted the machine, and here i am....the usual grey box with "there was a problem" did not appear.....phew........although, i still see "CONDUIT" in my start-up don't know how to get it out of there except unchecked it.
the pop up blocker now works as well....

am i allowed to put the link of how get rid of CONDUIT here on this forum?

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium Member
join:2001-05-24
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

Locutus65

Premium Member

Another excellent program everyone should have is Revo Uninstaller.
When you use it to uninstall a program it also finds all those leftover registry entries and folders and lets you delete them as well. I never uninstall anything without it.
There is a 'paid' version but the free one is all you will ever need.
»www.revouninstaller.com/ ··· oad.html

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6

Premium Member

+1 on Revo...