Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ReeG

join:2012-02-27
North York, ON
reply to TSI Outages

Re: [Outages] Outage Report 08/30/2013

trying to work from home and been having terrible intermittent service all morning. Very slow or sites won't load at all. Modem reboot not doing anything. I'm in north Toronto 404/401. Service has been like this ever since yesterday and shotty during peak hours all week

awa0327

@199.166.15.x
reply to meglin1
I am in Toronto in Gerard Woodbine area and I am still down. It is the second day of outage. How many more before people start leaving? For me it's simple, if the service is not back by and of today, I am out. If you let Rogers put you out of business, they will be happy to do it

Troop

@rogers.com
reply to TSI Jonathan
Woodbine & Gerard and cable is still not working since early yesterday.

TSI Outages
TSI Support
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Outages
Hello everyone,

There are no new outages to report.
--
We are still experiencing issues in the following areas.

• Wolfdale POI, Mississauga - RF Signal issue
• Wolfdale POI, Mississauga - DHCP issue
• Comstock POI, Toronto - RF Signal issue

We are working to resolve these issues ASAP.

Thank you,
TSI Shawn S

arecad

join:2010-11-09
reply to TSI Outages
Still having intermittent problems in Brooklin as well. This has been ongoing since yesterday. I don't see how the issues can be resolved if everyone is still having connection issues.

wizard12

join:2013-08-23
reply to Malik
Cable still down in Mississauga L5V. 10 days now.

harryh

@rogers.com
I'm also at Woodbine & Gerrard... really bad - intermittent connection for the past couple of days, then it went down this morning (or perhaps v. late last night) ... and still down now...

Jd613

@184.151.246.x
reply to TSI Outages
said by TSI Outages:

Hello everyone,

There are no new outages to report.
--
We are still experiencing issues in the following areas.

• Wolfdale POI, Mississauga - RF Signal issue
• Wolfdale POI, Mississauga - DHCP issue
• Comstock POI, Toronto - RF Signal issue

We are working to resolve these issues ASAP.

Thank you,
TSI Shawn S

I still have no connection in kanata (beaverbrook). We have cable service. What gives?

Fed Up

join:2007-02-19
m4m2v
kudos:2
reply to TSI Outages

Re: [Outages] Outage Report 08/30/2013- morning update

Is teksavvy not able to answer the questions regarding the status of tektalk? Piss poor updating if you ask me.

djgallaw

join:2008-06-28
reply to Jd613

FYI I'm in Beaverbrook Internet is working fine.

Peter 2

@psionteklogix.com
reply to TSI Outages
Has anyone left TekSavvy for Rogers? Any issues on their network?

Jd613

@184.151.246.x
reply to djgallaw
Are you on a cable or dsl service? Still not working here. Near the fire station on teron road

Tekguelph

@telus.com
reply to Peter 2
Cable Internet out in Guelph. It has been out since early yesterday.

djgallaw

reply to Jd613
I'm on cable service, off of Leacock just around the corner from the fire station.

Name please

@74.198.10.x
I thought TSI is suppose to handle outages like this better than other resellers it's been my 2nd day down in Scarb. Put me on hold at technical support last night for over 30 minutes before I hung up.

I will probably consider moving to acanac if I am gonna be getting the same type of customer service.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
/me falls over lmao @ acanac R U serious bro?

fatpat

join:2009-08-12
Toronto, ON
reply to Troop
Also in the same area and been offline for 48 hours. Brutal. Never had this kind of outage in 10+ years.

fatpat

join:2009-08-12
Toronto, ON
reply to TwiztedZero
Apparently Rogers customers are not affected in the same way. At least people I've spoken to in south Scarberia are fine.

Jd613

@184.151.246.x
reply to djgallaw
Oh really? Thats very strange im not back online then. Did you have to restart modem or router?

djgallaw

No I haven't touched the modem or router. Speeds are slow but that seems like a usual thing these days.

harryh

@rogers.com
reply to fatpat
Woodbine & Gerrard : yup, Rogers is available here (hence I am online thx to a neighbour) while my Teksavvy connection remains down...

Same sentiment as others here - never been down this long on cable internet for 10+ years - what gives!?

quidnunc

join:2011-03-03
Richmond Hill, ON
reply to TSI Outages

Issues again in Richmond Hill :/

awa0327

@rogers.com
reply to Jd613

In Gerard woodbine area network is still down the second day. What are you doing, if anything, to fix it? We know there is an outage there so do not repeat over and over again in your status. Posting using my neighbor Rogers network next door.

sk2020sk

join:2013-08-26
Been down since 21st in Mississauga. I have called up Rogers. Giving another chance to Teksavvy but looks like I will be going back. Everyone on Rogers on my street is online and has no issues that they have noticed.

northtwiligh

@wind.ca
reply to awa0327
In Toronto in the Annex, been down since yesterday.

More updates would be nice.

mikeylbl

join:2011-02-28
Scarborough, ON
reply to fatpat
Net is online in Scarborough. Been fine most of the day except earlier this morning.. was hanging on sites.

youneedhelp

@bell.ca
reply to TSI Jonathan
these many fibre cuts are you kidding me. companies get paid bigtime to locate all the crap in the ground. in my five years labouring on a pipelaying crew have i ever seen instances of so many wires being cut. yes it does happen but if the company doing the locates messes up that often...hell to pay...rogers bell etc would go after them for the losses incurred. if its a careless shovel operator he d have been shown the door long before he made this many mistakes...this fibre cut crap is starting to get old real quick.

for what its worth i have family in barrhaven on rogers not a single issue, as well as on rogers off of mcarthur in the east end not one single issue no dropped connections no slowdowns and no sites they usually browse not being to access .....

teksavvy is droppingthe ball i think. id suggest holding back the monthly cheque to roges but for those of you around here long enough to remember doncaster that is probably not the best way to go ! but still teksavvy needs to plant a rogers account or three on each poi and have some realtime comparison of the service offered to a rogers client and a tpia client ont he same poi....collect your facts then come out swinging unless tek has somethings they are hiding . seriously setup a dozen accounts through rogers on each poi and just compare things. this isnt rocket sceince you should have atleast come up with something like this before you even got into a deal with rogers.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Holding back on paying Rogers only gives Rogers reason to absolutely cripple the TPIA. Don't think that the evidence locker isn't getting more and more full with evidence that Rogers are giving themselves an advantage.

kimks3

join:2012-12-01
Richmond Hill, ON
reply to TSI Outages

Richmond hill is still up and down. Some sites still don't load the same way it was yesterday.

How do we request compensation/partial refunds?

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to northtwiligh

said by northtwiligh :

In Toronto in the Annex, been down since yesterday.

More updates would be nice.

What quadrant of the Annex? I'm in the Dupont/Bathurst section, not experiencing any downtime. Though webs were a little slow at times yesterday when the lines down near Front St. were cut and subsequentally fixed. So that shouldn't be an issue now.

Everything here seems alright.

45/4 UL Package. Though the upload has never shown a full 4Mbps.
Modem is SB6120 if it matters to you.
--

!- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -!
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = @TwiztedZero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca