Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

1 recommendation

Camelot One

MVM

I guess market penetration finally hit the magic number

And now it is time for Verizon's "amazingly fast, completely unlimited" product to start sticking it to people. We all knew it was just a matter of time.

On the other hand......77Tb a month on a residential line? That is abusing a service to the point of causing a policy change like this.

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

1 recommendation

ITALIAN926

Who exactly are you quoting? Because there has never been a FiOS commercial stating that its "completely unlimited".

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

Every member of the site who has posted something similar when users of Time Warner, Comcast, or any other ISP complain about pricing, speed limits, or caps.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

1 recommendation

sivran to Camelot One

Premium Member

to Camelot One
Karl omitted that the user that was hitting 77TB a month is on a business account.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

1 recommendation

88615298 (banned)

said by sivran:

Karl omitted that the user that was hitting 77TB a month is on a business account.

Actually he was moved to a business account AFTER using excessive TB of data and has continued to do so. Don't imply he was just on a business account and used 77 TB this once and suddenly got this notice.
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080 to ITALIAN926

to ITALIAN926
No, but you see that commercial with the guy who's eyes light up at the watching of FIOS TV? gives new meaning to this old commercial: Once you've got it... you get it!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· ZrEbNfAM

There are also commercials touting speed, reliability and mass consumption on multiple devices as the "killer applications".. I need not dig those up too, youtube is chock full of them.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

Karl Bode to sivran

News Guy

to sivran
No, I didn't. Both stories (and his forum posts) note he hit 77 TB on a residential line, was pushed toward a business-class line, and still got warnings.

»Verizon Cracks Down on 'Excessive' FiOS Users [187] comments

»LOL. VZ called me about my bandwidth usage. Gotta go Biz.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

2 recommendations

34764170 (banned) to 88615298

to 88615298
That's irrelevant when he received the notice even after moving to the business account. He wasn't implying anything.

PapaMidnight
join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD

PapaMidnight to ITALIAN926

to ITALIAN926
Isn't "completely unlimited" technically a redundant statement? By saying that it's unlimited, you are essentially saying that there are no limitations (without exception). The "completely" is implicit and mention of it is not necessary.

I digress, I am pretty certain that I have heard Verizon (who competes here with Comcast) commercials mention there are no limits both on TV and on Radio, but I cannot find one to reference on YouTube. If I catch one again while I'm recording a show, I'll upload it myself.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to Karl Bode

to Karl Bode
And the letter that you posted, does not state to move to Business FiOS. Business FiOS is still Verizon Online. To get away from VZ Online; you need to move to actual Verizon Business. and the person that is mentioned in the letter works in just Verizon- not the UUNet/MCI side of VZ Business.
mgamer20o0
join:2003-12-01
Norwalk, CA

mgamer20o0 to Camelot One

to Camelot One
said by Camelot One:

And now it is time for Verizon's "amazingly fast, completely unlimited" product to start sticking it to people. We all knew it was just a matter of time.

On the other hand......77Tb a month on a residential line? That is abusing a service to the point of causing a policy change like this.

people keep quoting this 77tb number. that was the max and i believe typically its around 40tb. also he just isnt paying for the 75/35 line. he has 2 of the higher tier lines (i think its 150/65). while its more then normal on a residential line he isnt also the typical residential customer. how many users are paying for 2 connections? now on 2 business connections which cost even more.
Expand your moderator at work

jadebangle
Premium Member
join:2007-05-22

jadebangle to Karl Bode

Premium Member

to Karl Bode

Re: I guess market penetration finally hit the magic number

said by Karl Bode:

No, I didn't. Both stories (and his forum posts) note he hit 77 TB on a residential line, was pushed toward a business-class line, and still got warnings.

»Verizon Cracks Down on 'Excessive' FiOS Users [187] comments

»LOL. VZ called me about my bandwidth usage. Gotta go Biz.

I suggest he downgrade to the slowest speed 20/5
it would cut his usage by at least 1/7. someone suggest 10tb a month is acceptable. it would not please him but it would make verizon happier
BTW i am on 30/30 on surewest. i use between 7TB to 10TB a month
not a prob. from my ISP.