how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

flycuban

join:2005-04-25
Homestead, FL

Magic?

So, let me get this straight. If use an excessive amount of bandwidth on your residential, and they give you the option of upgrading to a business account - all of the sudden its not a problem anymore? Even tho the same fiber lines (infrastructure) is still in place? So how does paying more "magically" solve performace issues in the area?

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2
Its not true, houkouonchi moved to small business and is still considered excessive. As the letter points out a "medium sized business" may be what theyre looking for, and the prices are probably much steeper.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
reply to flycuban
No. Users on FiOS small business are apparently getting it too. They want to push the users other their ethernet or other Medium Business plans.
--
Nocchi rules.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to flycuban
said by flycuban:

So, let me get this straight. If use an excessive amount of bandwidth on your residential, and they give you the option of upgrading to a business account - all of the sudden its not a problem anymore? Even tho the same fiber lines (infrastructure) is still in place? So how does paying more "magically" solve performace issues in the area?

its not a performance issue. its all about bastardizing their HIGHLY LUCRATIVE biz products!
--
Despises any post with strings.

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
It seems highly unlikely they will convince a single customer to switch to their Verizon Business products.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman

join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC
kudos:1
reply to flycuban
This was exactly the same question I asked when Comcast was terminating people for going over 250GB of usage/month.

»How can Comcast offer no-cap business tier for 20-30 more?

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

1 recommendation

reply to flycuban
It's traffic allowance not bandwidth. It's not possible to use an excessive amount of bandwidth. They sell you a 150Mb connection and that's it.

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO
reply to flycuban
No, no, no. That is not how it works.

See if you sign up for a business account they run a whole different fiber network for you going right into very core of the internet. That's why it cost more and it is suddenly OK to use more data.

rebus9

join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Bright House
reply to silbaco
said by silbaco:

It seems highly unlikely they will convince a single customer to switch to their Verizon Business products.

Nope, not when loop charges are factored in. Most people using that much bandwidth are running servers, and it would be cheaper to do basic colo (or rent a dedicated server) than to bring in metro-E or DSx/OCx optical to the premises.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ
reply to flycuban
said by flycuban:

If a subscriber needs ANY amount of bandwidth it will be provided but not necessarily on the FiOS network. A dedicated fiber feed may be necessary; this is usually no problem in a commercial premises but may require running a new cable to a residential premises.