uniqs
share rss forum feed

JBT

join:2002-12-06
Tucson, AZ
Reviews:
·Comcast

Crazy amount of data but still...

While I think 77TB per month is crazy for residential AND small business. Just tell us what the limit is then!

At the same time if something like this happened every once in awhile not having a hard set rule. Either way the guy is in the wrong, Residential and small business don't allow you to serve data connections to other people.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
said by JBT:

While I think 77TB per month is crazy for residential AND small business. Just tell us what the limit is then!

Then that would be a cap. Which many people are opposed to no matter how high it is.

ocjosh

join:2013-03-19
united state
So it's running at roughly 250Mbps (upload) at all time
for video streaming if we break down from 77TB a month. It looks ok to me. There are less crowds using upload anyway. Verizon is stingy at users.

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to 88615298
And there would likely be tons of people trying to inflate their usage to meet that cap now that they know what the cap is: instead of asking themselves whether or not they actually need something, they will download anything they might ever think they might need since they are still so far away from the cap.

So, announcing a cap on a formerly seemingly uncapped service might actually cause usage to increase instead of diminish.

The vague cap incites people to not download stuff they do not need - at least not until they actually need it.

That's my guess for why Verizon does not want to have explicit caps.