how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

oddman21

join:2013-08-30
East Boothbay, ME

Resetting ASUS RT-AC66U after firmware updates

Hello folks. I have a question. When you guys are saying to reset the router after a firmware update, do you mean a simple reboot, or a complete factory reset?

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
·ooma

I have never done a factory reset on my RT-AC66U and I've upgraded it to newer firmware 3x since I bought it. That might not be the "correct" answer but it works for me. It's a rock-solid piece of hardware, never had a problem with it.
--
So put me on a highway, and show me a sign.
And take it to the limit one more time...

PamelaTS

join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
·Clear Wireless
reply to oddman21

said by oddman21:

Hello folks. I have a question. When you guys are saying to reset the router after a firmware update, do you mean a simple reboot, or a complete factory reset?

All I've ever had to do is reboot the router!

join:2013-02-02
Whistler, BC

1 edit

recently i have just been doing a reboot if i have problems, but before when i was having wierd issues asus did tell me to do a factory default settings(in the admin tab) (but not a factory reset back to stock firmware) and i did end up fixing my problems that way, the other day i was having some issues with merlins firmware and i had to come back to the standard asus firmware to fix it (upnp issues) and if it didnt work with just changing firmware, i was gonna resort to that factory default restore button, hopefully im making sense here lol
--
Shaw Broadband 100/5 - Cisco DPC3825 - Asus RT-AC66U