ISP Employee

[Outages] Outage Report DSL/Cable 08/30/2013 *Updated 5:38PM

Hello Everyone,

DSL customers in the following areas may be experiencing service interruptions:

• Toronto
• Rosemere
• Beauport
• Baysville

We are also still experiencing issues with our cable service in the following areas.

• Wolfdale POI, Mississauga - RF Signal issue
• Wolfdale POI, Mississauga - DHCP issue
• Comstock POI, Toronto - RF Signal issue

Issues in the Vaughan/Woodbridge area are resolved and you should be able to reboot your modem to get back online.

Some Cable customers in Ontario may still be seeing speed issues due to the Fibre line that was cut yesterday in the Toronto area.

We apologize for any inconvenience and are working to resolve these issues ASAP.

Thank you,
TSI Shawn S
Jagxyz
join:2011-08-26

Jagxyz

Re: [Outages] Outage Report DSL/Cable 08/30/2013 2:00PM

I have dsl in Brampton and since last night I've been getting alternating solid power light / everything else off and flashing power light with solid wireless light / everything else off. Is that related to this?

Thanks

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

rodjames to TSI Outages

Premium Member

to TSI Outages
Reporting in from Ottawa. Things seem to have steadied. Speedtest is running 35/3 and my trace to the DSL side is going through every time now. it's still a few extra hops but at least it's stable.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop the last few days! I would've been tearing my hair out troubleshooting my own hardware if it hadn't been for these reports.

edit: [removed. my mistake]

kyrio
LURK MORE
join:2010-03-24
Canada

kyrio to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages

Re: [Outages] Outage Report DSL/Cable 08/30/2013 *Updated 5:38PM

This seriously hasn't been fixed yet? Are you guys even doing anything about the daily outages? I'm not talking about getting it "fixed" for a day or a week until it happens again.

In terms of hours of downtime, I've paid for over 8 days of service that I didn't receive.

Fed Up
join:2007-02-19
m4m2v

Fed Up to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
What happened with the Tektalk issue from yesterday. Was it resolved. No one from Teksavvy has updated on it or responded to any requests about status.

»Issues Report **UPDATE - August 29th,2013 9:24 PM**

"We are also experiencing issues with our TekTalk VOIP service. This issue is also currently being investigated."

Teksavvy, you can a least provide closure on issues you post about.

As it stands I will go recable my VoIP adapter to put it back behind the router and see if I can make and receive calls.

Jd613
@184.151.246.x

Jd613 to TSI Outages

Anon

to TSI Outages
Shawn, are you sure everything in ottawa has been resolved? Still no connection in kanata (beaverbrook) on cable service

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

There are no reported outages there so it may be isolated or something developing

Can you please post in the direct forum or call in so we can troubleshoot/open a ticket?

Andre

Jd613
@teksavvy.com

Jd613

Anon

Actually i just restarted the router and it works now. Last time there was an outage i didnt have to restart anything so i didnt think i would need to

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Oh. Glad to hear its back!

Fed Up
join:2007-02-19
m4m2v

Fed Up

Wow Andre, unable to say anything about Tektalk. Sad what teksavvy has become. Hope you're reading Marc.

Already looking into porting my number to VoIP.ms for less money and more service and support.

BTW - looks like your problem with Tektalk was resolved as it is back working again behind the router. 2nd time this year there was a problem and not much support or updates from Teksavvy on the issue for users. I guess VoIP like email is too far down on your priority list.

johnchiu
@rogers.com

johnchiu to TSI Outages

Anon

to TSI Outages
What the heck. There is still no internet. There is no IP since yesterday early morning. I am in the beaches. How much longer do I need to wait? This is simply unacceptable.

The wait on customer service line is more than an hour. teksavvy is just terrible.

yyzUnderdog
Premium Member
join:2001-11-24
Mississauga, ON

yyzUnderdog to TSI Outages

Premium Member

to TSI Outages
Any other updates on Wolfedale?

Mississaugan
@tm.net.my

Mississaugan

Anon

Question: My billing period is on 13th of each month, and due to problems in Mississauga, if I don't pay my bills on time, can I assume Teksavvy would consider end of my service, or do I have to call them and let them know that I wish to change my provider?

Talon88
The One
join:2003-08-13
Toronto

Talon88 to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
:::

Scarborough area, internet down at arround 8pm August 30
till now. Modem have sync but can't get IP.

When will the serives resume.

:::