All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

[TV] $5.00 PPV Order By Phone Fee?

TWC subs should be aware that some divisions now charge a $5.00 surcharge if you order PPV and VOD by phone. I don't order PPV, but I heard this has actually been going on for several years, Why have this fee? There should be no difference between ordering through the boxes and ordering over the phone.

Satch

chamberc
Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc

Premium Member

said by Satch:

TWC subs should be aware that some divisions now charge a $5.00 surcharge if you order PPV and VOD by phone. I don't order PPV, but I heard this has actually been going on for several years, Why have this fee? There should be no difference between ordering through the boxes and ordering over the phone.

Satch

Do you propose them shut the system off, or if it's a live person stop paying those folks? There are additional costs in a business for points of access. For instance, using an ATM is cheaper than going to a counter for a bank.
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

said by chamberc:

said by Satch:

Satch

Do you propose them shut the system off, or if it's a live person stop paying those folks? There are additional costs in a business for points of access. For instance, using an ATM is cheaper than going to a counter for a bank.

No, I can understand rising costs. $5.00 seems steep though. $3.00 would be more than enough. For decades, there was no charge.

Satch
unoriginal
Premium Member
join:2000-07-12
San Diego, CA

unoriginal to Satch

Premium Member

to Satch
Directv charges $5 to order by phone too and has for several years. As with a lot of things in the business world its probably a case of "monkey see, monkey do." AT&T charges $6/mo to rent their Uverse box. I wouldn't be surprised if a TWC exec saw that and said "Hey we only charge $3.99, why not bump it up to $6 as well?"

Feefee
@verizon.net

Feefee to Satch

Anon

to Satch
It's to discourage use of phone orders
Phroz
join:2005-11-23
Lewiston, ME

Phroz to Satch

to Satch
They charge $5 to pay your bill by phone as well.

kilrathi
Premium Member
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY

1 recommendation

kilrathi to Satch

Premium Member

to Satch
Lol, just call them and prank them. It will be free.

kallcenter
@verizon.net

kallcenter to Satch

Anon

to Satch
said by Satch:

Satch

u make it expensive enough and people will stop using it. ordering can be done via remote obviously. maintaining a toll free number or having a rep manually entering an order costs money u know?

Loolmor
@107.14.223.x

Loolmor to Satch

Anon

to Satch
Guess what they have a $2 upgrade fee for people that think they're slick and order hbo then cancel a day later to watch 1 event or movie.
jpatton1979
join:2011-08-10
Louisville, KY
Pace 5268AC
Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

jpatton1979 to chamberc

to chamberc
said by chamberc:

There are additional costs in a business for points of access. For instance, using an ATM is cheaper than going to a counter for a bank.

I've NEVER been charged a fee for using a teller to do ANY kind of transaction at a bank (withdrawal, deposit, loan payment, etc.). That is the teller's job...to interact with customers. That's why they're paid.

Kind of like people that field calls for TWC. They're paid to do that. The "additional cost" is nil, or negligent at best.
jpatton1979

jpatton1979 to kallcenter

to kallcenter
What about people that use a CableCARD tuner? They can't use their remote to order PPV/VoD, since it's only a one-way device and to use the remote to order requires two-way communication.

I would be OK with the fee as long as TWC offered a way for CableCARD devices to act exactly like their STBs and have two-way communication. Or even if they waived the fee for CableCARD-only accounts.