Premium Member
join:2008-08-05
Addison, TX

chamberc to Satch

Premium Member

to Satch

Re: [TV] $5.00 PPV Order By Phone Fee?

said by Satch:

TWC subs should be aware that some divisions now charge a $5.00 surcharge if you order PPV and VOD by phone. I don't order PPV, but I heard this has actually been going on for several years, Why have this fee? There should be no difference between ordering through the boxes and ordering over the phone.

Satch

Do you propose them shut the system off, or if it's a live person stop paying those folks? There are additional costs in a business for points of access. For instance, using an ATM is cheaper than going to a counter for a bank.
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

said by chamberc:

said by Satch:

TWC subs should be aware that some divisions now charge a $5.00 surcharge if you order PPV and VOD by phone. I don't order PPV, but I heard this has actually been going on for several years, Why have this fee? There should be no difference between ordering through the boxes and ordering over the phone.

Satch

Do you propose them shut the system off, or if it's a live person stop paying those folks? There are additional costs in a business for points of access. For instance, using an ATM is cheaper than going to a counter for a bank.

No, I can understand rising costs. $5.00 seems steep though. $3.00 would be more than enough. For decades, there was no charge.

Satch

Feefee
@verizon.net

Feefee

Anon

It's to discourage use of phone orders
Phroz
join:2005-11-23
Lewiston, ME

Phroz to Satch

to Satch
They charge $5 to pay your bill by phone as well.
jpatton1979
join:2011-08-10
Louisville, KY
Pace 5268AC
Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

jpatton1979 to chamberc

to chamberc
said by chamberc:

There are additional costs in a business for points of access. For instance, using an ATM is cheaper than going to a counter for a bank.

I've NEVER been charged a fee for using a teller to do ANY kind of transaction at a bank (withdrawal, deposit, loan payment, etc.). That is the teller's job...to interact with customers. That's why they're paid.

Kind of like people that field calls for TWC. They're paid to do that. The "additional cost" is nil, or negligent at best.