dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Adryan6
join:2013-08-30
Mississauga, ON

Adryan6

Re: No Internet since August 18!! What is going on!!

I agree with you that 48 Hours to respond to a Modem provisioning is way too long.

Also where I'm getting frustrated is that the escalations are at management level with teksavvy.
And within those escalation reports there are no comments as to whats happening.

I guess what I'm looking for is some notes or some indication like:

Manager at teksavvy has called Rogers senior manager and spoke about this matter.

To me there is no indication that teksavvy is doing anything except sending some default Escalation C template to some Jerk in rogers that is doing nothing but ignoring them.

I just wish that someone in teksavvy would pick up the phone and called someone in charge and said we are having an issue becase it's now the 4th Escalation C and there is no answers or status update

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

I totally hear you on this however 1) we don't have numbers for them, only email templates and 2) they are delayed on escalations as well 3) even if we put special comments it doesn't alter the initial ticket, escalations are usually to say "HEY! look at the first ticket XXXX we sent and respond"

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to Adryan6

Premium Member

to Adryan6
The ONLY access to the incumbents the TPIA providers have is via eMail and thats it.

No telephone contact, what so ever.

This is by design, on purpose.

No TPIA likes it, but thats what we have to work with.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

1 recommendation

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

Again, it's intended as a residential non-SLA service. Rogers throws their CSR in for email support and that's it
Adryan6
Mississauga, ON

Adryan6 to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
Hello Andre
I have been told a slightly different thing on your comment 1)

The front line support and the supervisor do not have direct contact. But there are managers that are being CC'ed on these escalations reports within teksavvy that do have those numbers. (meaning that there is someone that is senior at teksavvy that has a contact to rogers) Now I do not know if they are using those numbers or in what situations they can use them, but I think it's probably time to get some ETA on this

For number 2) and 3) They are delayed on escalations you say? How many? and is there some order to the escalations
Example:
Are the C Level escalations being looked at first? (I'm assuming yes since they are of the highest importance)
How many C Level escalations are there in the pipeline? Are there 100?, 1000?
Whats the Fix Rate of these escalations? 20 a day? 30 a day ? 0??

These metrics I know you guys have.

If I knew that I would have no internet access for 2 weeks, I would have taken a very different route. Instead, I stuck around and I am at a loss right now.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

No one knew there would be delays, Rogers might not either but with several factors in the mix including severe storms and outages, Rogers is now slammed with requests.
Adryan6
Mississauga, ON

Adryan6

Here is another question
since It's a massive violation of Rogers own 48 hour commitment.
What will be the aftermath of this?

How will effected customers be compensated for such internet downtime? You know, the ones that actually decide to stay?

I ask because as much as I hate to say this I have lost trust in Teksavvy. I know this is not their fault but I would always be paranoid about losing my internet connect due to Rogers and Teksavvy in a way washing there hands and pointing to Rogers.

I really hate being left helpless.

WWM
Divi filius
Premium Member
join:2002-12-19
Mississauga

WWM

Premium Member

I don't even care about compensation at this point. I just want reassurance that TekSavvy will do everything in their power to get the CRTC to fucking poleaxe Rogers over this. People being without internet for over a week in this day and age for something that seems easily fixable is completely insane.
nontitle
join:2013-08-31

nontitle

said by WWM:

I don't even care about compensation at this point. I just want reassurance that TekSavvy will do everything in their power to get the CRTC to fucking poleaxe Rogers over this. People being without internet for over a week in this day and age for something that seems easily fixable is completely insane.

+1, absolutely agree with this.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Keep voicing your concerns please. My voice alone is not enough.
nontitle
join:2013-08-31

nontitle

said by TSI Marc:

Keep fighting the good fight. Is TekSavvy planning on consulting the CRTC regarding this whole situation?

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

I have a couple of questions.

1. Where [TF] is CNOC in all this?

2. Considering how massive these outages are and how long they've been going on, how is it that not one peep of any of this has hit one media outlet. Not... one... peep. Nowhere. How is that even possible?

Edit: One peep.
»www.cbc.ca/news/canada/o ··· ?cmp=rss

Mike