how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

littlerm9

join:2006-07-07
Hazel Green, AL

[Cable HSI] Upgraded from 30Mbps to 50Mbps but no speed change

Today I upgraded from the 30/2 service the the new Ultra service which is 50/5. I was issued a new Docsis 3.0 modem but my speeds have remained the same. I called and they said provisioning looks fine and the signal levels are fine. They are sending out a tech in 2 weeks to look into the problem. Has anyone else experienced this after upgrading?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:118

Re: [Cable HSI] Upgraded from 30Mbps to 50Mbps but no speed chan

Can you go ahead and send me a private message with the MAC address of the modem please.

Boss302_1970

join:2009-12-11
reply to littlerm9
Are you using a router? or are you directly connected to the modem? some routers are restrictive is why I ask.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
I found that the modem was not provisioned correctly. Could still be something else holding it back, however that has been fixed and it should resolve the issue.

littlerm9

Hazel Green, AL
I am using a router. My upload speeds have improved but the download speeds are about the same. Thanks for looking into this problem MediacomChad!

Here is a recent test:

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to littlerm9
Thanks for the heads up. There is a channel bonding issue that I will work on getting addresses. I sent you a PM with some more info.

Turk85

join:2009-01-19
Bourbon, IN
reply to littlerm9
I recently upgraded to the Ultra service. My modem hasn't bonded at all. I've also had issues with it losing connection before and after the upgrade. It is a Motorola SB6121. My download speeds haven't reached 30Mbps yet. Upload has been good. Does Mediacom support the SB6121 as far as firmware?

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
Mediacom does not currently have firmware specific to the SB6121. What we can do is upload the SB6120 firmware to it and we have done this in the past. A little disclaimer though is that this may cause problems and make the modem not work. Also, it's not completely required you bond to more than 1 downstream channel to get 30Mbps down, but if you are having speed issues feel free to private message me your account or phone number and I would be happy to investigate that with you.
--
MediacomChad
»mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/

Turk85

Bourbon, IN
I should be getting 50Mbps down. Does that require bonding to more than one channel?

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
Yes it does.

littlerm9

Hazel Green, AL
reply to MediacomChad
2 techs came out today and couldn't figure out the problem and didn't have any modems with them so they had to schedule yet another call for next week. I can't take another day off from work so I bought a Motorola SB6121 modem and it bonds on 4 downstream channels! I am getting excellent speeds now. I will be returning the Thomson modem supplied by Mediacom early next week. Here are ,y speeds now:

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
It's good to hear the issue has been resolved. Since you've purchased your own modem I will go ahead and make sure the modem rental fee is removed from your account. Let me know if you need anything else.

littlerm9

Hazel Green, AL
Thanks very much MediacomChad, you are and always have been a great help!

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
You're welcome!

Turk85

Bourbon, IN
reply to littlerm9
I have the SB6121 also. I can't get more the one channel to bond and get random reconnects. Do you know what firmware you have?

littlerm9

Hazel Green, AL
Turk, I PM'ed you the details. My speeds are still great!