how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gcis

join:2006-10-30
Tracy, CA

Trace Route Failes on Uverse Circuts in California In/Out

Hello I have seen several threds on this issue Were customers are complaining about Trace Routes not completeing on Uverse has anyone been able to get this issue resolved I have been trying to get mine fixed for 2 years.

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

1 recommendation

Are you saying the host you're trying to trace is unreachable, or you just get some non-responses from some devices along the path?

Some network devices may be configured to ignore ICMP for performance or other reasons. This is true anywhere, including equipment within or outside the AT&T network.

rolande
Certifiable
Premium,Mod
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
kudos:6
reply to gcis

What client OS? Windows or Mac OSX or other?

gcis

join:2006-10-30
Tracy, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to gcis

Well finally after 3 years i was able to get an official answer from the company.

"U-verse infrastructure is designed not to respond to trace route or ping requests. This is done to protect our network and prevent outages due to high loads of icmp and any other unwanted/malicious traffic. This is a very common network design which carries use to protect their infrastructure. The successful continuation of the trace proves that the network is forwarding the traffic properly toward the destination"

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Wily_One

Gee that kind of sounds familiar...

said by Wily_One:

Some network devices may be configured to ignore ICMP for performance or other reasons. This is true anywhere, including equipment within or outside the AT&T network.