Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wizard_stan

join:2004-11-16
Belwood, ON

Refurbished Sagemcom

Hi guys,
does anyone know if I bought a refurbished Bell Sagemcom modem off ebay if it can be used on Teksavvy? I only ask because I remember reading something about needing to register the serial number and I'm not sure if I'd be able to re-register it under my name or if they require all new registration or if I simply misunderstood that requirement and they don't care where I got the modem from. I've been eyeing the 25/10 DSL for a while now and if I have to buy a new one I will but $60 saved is a lotta coffee.
Thanks for any input!

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
Hi there,

At this time, there is a restriction on the Sagemcom when purchasing either the 15/10, 25/10 or 50/10 package where the modem must come from a IISP. This is a restriction currently imposed by the incumbent.

Sorry

Andre

ftp1020

join:2007-01-30
Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by TSI Andre:

Hi there,

At this time, there is a restriction on the Sagemcom when purchasing either the 15/10, 25/10 or 50/10 package where the modem must come from a IISP. This is a restriction currently imposed by the incumbent.

I'm sure that requirement will be lifted someday, and when it does you can expect another mass-migration wave to VSDL - me included. If the Sagemcom was actually a better modem, I'd have jumped by now.

ry29

join:2010-05-12
I hear you, I was hesitant to pay 130 for what I read was an inferior modem. However, it's quite rock solid in bridge modem.