spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Soffker
join:2013-08-30

Soffker

Internet slowing down at a specific time

Hello all!

For the past couple of days around 6:30 p.m to 8:30 p.m my internet and my close relatives who live next to me is seeing slow speeds at this time. Usually what fixes it is a quick modem reboot and all is good.

Now normally, if that fix is simple enough i wouldnt mind, but i'm wondering what is causing this to happen at this specific time. I have called tech numerous times and all they tell me to do is reboot my modem. Well i know that this helps and usually fixes this, but i want to know what is causing this slow internet speed at these times.

My question is, Does anyone have a clue, or is this happening to anyone else? I live in Stephenville, Texas if that helps you all out any. Maybe other people where i live is having the same problems. Tech support hasnt told me anything or doesnt really have a clue.

Thanks

Boss302_1970
join:2009-12-11

Boss302_1970

Id bet the area is "oversold" or has congestion. which means during peak hours there isn't enough bandwidth available to fill everyone's needs in your area.
Soffker
join:2013-08-30

Soffker

Well, now its going down whenever it feels like. The internet slows down to a crawl, and i been talking to people who live no where close to me but in the same town and are experiencing this issue as well.

I've called 6 times now and every time i call they say nothing is wrong. Something has to be wrong. This is beyond frustrating and starting to annoy me. SOMETHING has to be wrong.

I cant see how it could be on my end when everyone in my town is experiencing this...

Brett C
join:2004-08-03
Olathe, KS

Brett C

Run multiple »speedtest.net tests throughout the day to get a rolling average going - doesn't need to be once every miute or once every 10 mins - just keep doing tests on and off. Make note that no single speedtest.net server is ever truly stable as there's hundreds of people out there doing speedtests as well.

Also, you'll need to provide as many tracert's as possible to see if and where there are failing routes. Run traces to yahoo, google, microsoft, dslreports, any of your favorite sites as well during the time of congestion and during times that there is no congestion.
brad152
join:2006-07-27
Chicago, IL

brad152 to Soffker

to Soffker
i've found testmy.net's multi-threaded tests to be quite accurate as well, as it pulls random data from ~5-10 different servers at a time to give a true speedtest.