share rss forum feed

Tekki

join:2007-03-22

Scam?

Click for full size
Mediacom warning
Click for full size
Mediacom IP check
Can anyone please explain this to me. I am disabled and the internet is my only access to the outside world. I live on a very small income and cannot afford 'overage' charges if that's what this is leading up to. I can't be without my internet access, it's how I pay bills and stay in contact with family. Phones are out of the question, as I can't afford them.

Is this for real, or is this a scam? It did lead to the mediacom IP when I researched it...
What can I do. A friend just got me netflix for my birthday... now I can't even watch movies??

kwbelt1

join:2006-06-03
Marion, IL
Yes this is true. Starting Sept. 7th all Mediacom customers will be limited by a data allowance. You can check your usage at »www.mediacomtoday.com/usagemeter ··· gemeter/

Welcome to the 'new' internet.

sean67854

join:2009-09-07
Urbandale, IA
reply to Tekki
Don't worry Tekki, they're only doing this to make sure that you have the best internet experience possible. This change only affects 3% of all Mediacom customers, so you have nothing to worry about. Listen to Mediacom. They know what's best for you.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:121
reply to Tekki
If you have any questions about this message or about your usage, feel free to send me an IM, and I will help you however I can.