Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

Unions rally against Verizon in downtown Toronto

With the ongoing brutal beating Rogers is currently laying on Teksavvy, by using denial of service tactics, anyone who even remotely supports the union's position has to realize that supporting the incumbents is destroying Canadian jobs as we speak.

It's the incumbents that are the biggest threat to the Canadian telecom industry NOT Verizon or anyone else.

If there was ever a time for government intervention against Rogers, that time is NOW.

Check out the Teksavvy forum and:

»www.citynews.ca/2013/08/30/union···toronto/

f7

join:2013-07-29
Unions own high percentage of Bell, Rogers, Telus....it is self interest...they don't care about small people..Union is the Corporation they fought against..ironic..isn't it..

lowping

join:2013-08-04
reply to elitefx
Not sure how verizon is going to fix any of your problems... that you already have with the incumbents.

rednekcowboy

join:2012-03-21
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to elitefx
Unions nowadays are a complete joke, this just further proves my statement.

said by lowping:

Not sure how verizon is going to fix any of your problems... that you already have with the incumbents.

If Verizon isn't going to change the status quo then why is the big 3 so scared of them?

rednekcowboy

reply to lowping
double post

lowping

reply to rednekcowboy
said by rednekcowboy:

said by lowping:

If Verizon isn't going to change the status quo then why is the big 3 so scared of them?

I'm talking consumer wise. As of now, Verizon price in the USA is nothing amazing, if I'm not mistaken.

On a incumbent side of things, Verizon is 6 times bigger then the big 3 combined, so you'd understand why they are scared.

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac

1 recommendation

said by lowping:

said by rednekcowboy:

said by lowping:

I'm talking consumer wise. As of now, Verizon price in the USA is nothing amazing, if I'm not mistaken.

On a incumbent side of things, Verizon is 6 times bigger then the big 3 combined, so you'd understand why they are scared.

Actually no I don't understand why they are scared if they expect nothing but the status quo.

If all Verizon was going to do was come in and do the exact same thing the other croo....er I mean telecoms are doing, then there would be absolutely nothing for them to be scared of. Size wouldn't matter at all as there would be little to no incentive for their loyal customers to switch to Verizon.

The only and sole reason for the collaborators to be in the full panic mode that they are in is because they are extremely worried that Verizon will come in and dominate the market.

In order for Verizon to dominate over the extortioni....er primary players is to offer some excellent incentives to customers, who in some cases, have been with the current suppliers for years and decades. In other words, cause a major stir and shake up the existing market.

If something like this strikes such fear into the current telecom companies heart's, it can only mean good things for the consumer. They would have been better off not saying anything......

lowping

said by rednekcowboy:

Actually no I don't understand why they are scared if they expect nothing but the status quo.

If all Verizon was going to do was come in and do the exact same thing the other croo....er I mean telecoms are doing, then there would be absolutely nothing for them to be scared of. Size wouldn't matter at all as there would be little to no incentive for their loyal customers to switch to Verizon.

The only and sole reason for the collaborators to be in the full panic mode that they are in is because they are extremely worried that Verizon will come in and dominate the market.

In order for Verizon to dominate over the extortioni....er primary players is to offer some excellent incentives to customers, who in some cases, have been with the current suppliers for years and decades. In other words, cause a major stir and shake up the existing market.

If something like this strikes such fear into the current telecom companies heart's, it can only mean good things for the consumer. They would have been better off not saying anything......

They are scared of the advantage Verizon is getting. They are getting start off privilege, are they not ? Verizon should be treated as a incumbent.

Also, as a consumer, yes I want lower price. But I also want canadians to have job from that company. And Verizon is not proving to give Canadian neither of these.

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac
said by lowping:

said by rednekcowboy:

They are scared of the advantage Verizon is getting. They are getting start off privilege, are they not ? Verizon should be treated as a incumbent.

Also, as a consumer, yes I want lower price. But I also want canadians to have job from that company. And Verizon is not proving to give Canadian neither of these.

And how many advantages have the current incumbents had? Of course they don't want to talk about that.

I would say Verizon is being treated exactly like the incumbents were treated in their infancy.

lowping

said by rednekcowboy:

said by lowping:

said by rednekcowboy:

And how many advantages have the current incumbents had? Of course they don't want to talk about that.

I would say Verizon is being treated exactly like the incumbents were treated in their infancy.

Verizon is already a incumbent, it's not in it's infancy.

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac

1 edit
said by lowping:

Most certainly is in Canada......that is where we are talking about right? Verizon doesn't have any established business here as an ISP or Wireless provider as far as I know. Or are you saying that people can buy wireless spectrum in Canada only if they don't have a solid foundation as a company.....in other words, what you are saying is that only companies destined to fail should be allowed to operate in Canada. Solid logic there.........

The incumbents were incumbents before they got into wireless, if you want to use that argument.

LondonOntGuy

join:2004-05-12
London, ON
reply to elitefx
As I said in the other thread, where the FUCK were they when Hell outsourced to India ten years ago?

To the unions, I give you a good wholesome FUCK YOU.

lowping

reply to rednekcowboy
said by rednekcowboy:

said by lowping:

Most certainly is in Canada......that is where we are talking about right? Verizon doesn't have any established business here as an ISP or Wireless provider as far as I know. Or are you saying that people can buy wireless spectrum in Canada only if they don't have a solid foundation as a company.....in other words, what you are saying is that only companies destined to fail should be allowed to operate in Canada. Solid logic there.........

The incumbents were incumbents before they got into wireless, if you want to use that argument.

Verizon doesn't need help to enter the market, smaller players do.

lowping

reply to LondonOntGuy
said by LondonOntGuy:

As I said in the other thread, where the FUCK were they when Hell outsourced to India ten years ago?

To the unions, I give you a good wholesome FUCK YOU.

Where was the government ?

neochu

join:2008-12-12
Windsor, ON
reply to lowping
said by lowping:

said by rednekcowboy:

said by lowping:

The market is so saturated tight, and aggressive that supporting "smaller" players has proven (twice now) is not feasible due to many things.

You need someone with big pockets to break the stalemate because the government doesn't have the guts to do it on its own and they don't wanna re-write the laws.

donkey

join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Acanac
reply to lowping
said by user=lowping :

So the big three got their bandwidth for free, and are angry Verizon has to pay for theirs?

As far as jobs go, I used to be able to call bell and speak to a fellow Canadian, but that obviously changed to India, and then I would use french to speak to someone at least in Canada, but that moved to Haiti.

So if you are so worried about jobs, why don't you bitch and complain that hundreds of Canadians lost their jobs so Bell could save a few bucks?

I'll give you this, Rogers still uses Canadians for their telephone/support.
--
WestLink Cable is a SCAM

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to elitefx
I don't get why people keep thinking Verizon coming to Canada is going to solve anything for wireless internet services.

They're interested in Wind Mobile and the spectrum they own. As well as bidding in future spectrum auctions.

Verizon wouldn't be interested in wireline services, they're trying to abandon them in the U.S.

And all honesty as well, Verizon would not change the status quo but simply add another company that keeps it. Only reason Robellus doesn't want them here is because they want it keep it a three split of the juicy pie that is wireless revenue. I have no doubt that the big three would be able to compete, they just don't want to give up market share.

People seem to forget Verizon is part of the oligopoly between itself and AT&T south of the border. I don't expect them to have any plans other than how to do same that Robellus is already doing.

MasterBash

join:2001-08-06
Montreal, QC
Well, if they want market share, they will have to do something like having better prices. Temporary thing until they gain customers? Most likely. At the beginning though, I really expect them to have better prices.

BTC Kevin

join:2011-10-01
Nepean, ON
reply to elitefx
What is funny. What is now Verizon used to be Canada's Telco, and Bell's current spectrum was originally that companies. They split of the Canadian operations. Leaving BCE in Canada. and later forming Verizon in the USA.

So Verizon is just returning to Canada. So I see them as the perfect foreign entrant into Canada.

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac

2 edits
reply to TypeS
said by TypeS:

I don't get why people keep thinking Verizon coming to Canada is going to solve anything for wireless internet services.

They're interested in Wind Mobile and the spectrum they own. As well as bidding in future spectrum auctions.

Verizon wouldn't be interested in wireline services, they're trying to abandon them in the U.S.

And all honesty as well, Verizon would not change the status quo but simply add another company that keeps it. Only reason Robellus doesn't want them here is because they want it keep it a three split of the juicy pie that is wireless revenue. I have no doubt that the big three would be able to compete, they just don't want to give up market share.

People seem to forget Verizon is part of the oligopoly between itself and AT&T south of the border. I don't expect them to have any plans other than how to do same that Robellus is already doing.

If this were true, then the con artists that are here now have absolutely nothing to be worried about and that is simply not the case. The size and scale of this massive campaign they have launched against Verizon speaks volumes in and of itself.

I have no misgivings about Verizon and I don't believe anyone else here believes that they are going to come in and save the day. Only a fool would think like that. However I don't think it's going to be the status quo either. In order for Robellus to lose market share, Verizon would have to offer some pretty sweet deals in order to lure customers away from them and in some cases, customers that have been with Robellus for decades.

In other words, if Verizon was just going to come in and offer the status quo, the Robellus would have nothing to worry about whatsoever as there would be nothing to entice people to switch to Verizon. Robellus is terrified, which speaks volumes.

said by lowping:

So what you are saying then is that it's OK for a company to enter the Canadian market, as long as it's not established and does not have a solid foundation? As long as it's setup to fail and be crushed by Robellus, then it is OK, is what you really mean to say....

What about all of the spectrum that was given to Robellus? Perhaps they should pay market share for that now that they are established and doing well.....

I want this

@videotron.ca
reply to lowping
said by lowping:

I saw this the other day and just laughed
»nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/technology···service/

1$ a month for cell, 3-cents a minutes from Mexico to anywhere USA.

I would want these bush people setting up shop here over Verizon anytime.

said by elitefx:

With the ongoing brutal beating Rogers is currently laying on Teksavvy, by using denial of service tactics,

Please, for all we know tsi has financial troubles, hasn't paid Rogers, and they are in arrears. Thus the lack of service.

lowping

reply to neochu
said by neochu:

The market is so saturated tight, and aggressive that supporting "smaller" players has proven (twice now) is not feasible due to many things.

You need someone with big pockets to break the stalemate because the government doesn't have the guts to do it on its own and they don't wanna re-write the laws.

Verizon could easily do that with being on the same play ground as any provider in canada, Verizon could probably buy all the provides here.

lowping

reply to donkey
said by donkey:

said by user=lowping :

So the big three got their bandwidth for free, and are angry Verizon has to pay for theirs?

As far as jobs go, I used to be able to call bell and speak to a fellow Canadian, but that obviously changed to India, and then I would use french to speak to someone at least in Canada, but that moved to Haiti.

So if you are so worried about jobs, why don't you bitch and complain that hundreds of Canadians lost their jobs so Bell could save a few bucks?

How are the big 3 getting bandwidth for free ? Either way, Verizon could buy or invest in whatever needed for that.

I did bitch about it, hence why I said this is something the government should of done something.

lowping

reply to rednekcowboy
said by rednekcowboy:

said by TypeS:

If this were true, then the con artists that are here now have absolutely nothing to be worried about and that is simply not the case. The size and scale of this massive campaign they have launched against Verizon speaks volumes in and of itself.

I have no misgivings about Verizon and I don't believe anyone else here believes that they are going to come in and save the day. Only a fool would think like that. However I don't think it's going to be the status quo either. In order for Robellus to lose market share, Verizon would have to offer some pretty sweet deals in order to lure customers away from them and in some cases, customers that have been with Robellus for decades.

In other words, if Verizon was just going to come in and offer the status quo, the Robellus would have nothing to worry about whatsoever as there would be nothing to entice people to switch to Verizon. Robellus is terrified, which speaks volumes.

said by lowping:

So what you are saying then is that it's OK for a company to enter the Canadian market, as long as it's not established and does not have a solid foundation? As long as it's setup to fail and be crushed by Robellus, then it is OK, is what you really mean to say....

What about all of the spectrum that was given to Robellus? Perhaps they should pay market share for that now that they are established and doing well.....

I'm saying big company like Verizon don't need help.

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to lowping
said by lowping:

said by donkey:

said by user=lowping :

How are the big 3 getting bandwidth for free ? Either way, Verizon could buy or invest in whatever needed for that.

I did bitch about it, hence why I said this is something the government should of done something.

You really need to do your research before posting. The Big 3 has been given government grants, taxpayer dollars, to build and maintain their infrastructure. They have been given wireless spectrums, in some cases at no cost, and in other cases at very little cost, yet they complain about the rules. Rules they, themselves lobbied hard to have in place because it was of benefit to them at the time.

In other words, they made this bed they are now being forced to lie in and are now complaining about it.

said by lowping:

I'm saying big company like Verizon don't need help.

Verizon isn't asking for help. They are playing by the rules.

lowping

said by rednekcowboy:

You really need to do your research before posting. The Big 3 has been given government grants, taxpayer dollars, to build and maintain their infrastructure. They have been given wireless spectrums, in some cases at no cost, and in other cases at very little cost, yet they complain about the rules. Rules they, themselves lobbied hard to have in place because it was of benefit to them at the time.

In other words, they made this bed they are now being forced to lie in and are now complaining about it.

I keep hearing all these grants and taxpayer money... where ? Also, these company are based in Canada not USA.

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac

1 edit
said by lowping:

said by rednekcowboy:

I keep hearing all these grants and taxpayer money... where ? Also, these company are based in Canada not USA.

If you chose to remain ignorant and blindly swallow what they have told you, go ahead. I would suggest you do some research. There are a couple of different threads right on this very forum that answer those questions for you.

As for the companies being based wherever, why does that matter? You said that it should be a level playing field. It is a level playing field. The current telecom companies in play right now have been given all sorts of breaks and demanded that the current rules of the game be put in place.

Now that it is not working for them, they are crying about it.

Answer me this--what are you so scared of with Verizon potentially entering the Canadian market place? What is the downside as far as the consumer is concerned?

lowping

said by rednekcowboy:

said by lowping:

said by rednekcowboy:

If you chose to remain ignorant and blindly swallow what they have told you, go ahead. I would suggest you do some research. There are a couple of different threads right on this very forum that answer those questions for you.

As for the companies being based wherever, why does that matter? You said that it should be a level playing field. It is a level playing field. The current telecom companies in play right now have been given all sorts of breaks and demanded that the current rules of the game be put in place.

Now that it is not working for them, they are crying about it.

Answer me this--what are you so scared of with Verizon potentially entering the Canadian market place?

I'm just asking for statements with evidence backing up what you say is true. I haven't found anything.

As for being scared, these are my concerns:

Is verizon really thinking about us consumers or is this just for deeping their pockets strategies ?

Are they going to keep the company ther'ye buying in operation and follow that mind set or they're just going to close them and stamp the verison sign on it ?

If verizon does succeed, will they grow even bigger in canada and start creating another monopoly situation and recreate the same problem we are facing now?

How will this impact canadian jobs in the telecom sector, are they going to bring some new opportunity to canada ?

rednekcowboy

Reviews:
·Acanac
said by lowping:

I'm just asking for statements with evidence backing up what you say is true. I haven't found anything.

Is verizon really thinking about us consumers or is this just for deeping their pockets strategies ?

Are they going to keep the company ther'ye buying in operation and follow that mind set or they're just going to close them and stamp the verison sign on it ?

If verizon does succeed, will they grow even bigger in canada and start creating another monopoly situation and recreate the same problem we are facing now?

How will this impact canadian jobs in the telecom sector, are they going to bring some new opportunity to canada ?

If you can't find it, you either don't really want the information or don't care to know.

As for the rest of what you said:

Verizon is a business first and foremost. I am sure they'll hang their own sign and do what's best for them as a business. This differs from the current situation how????? This is irrelevant and it's only purpose is fear mongering.

They can't create a monopoly as there is already a monopoly with Robellus.

Bell is famous for farming out Canadian jobs overseas. Should we boot them out of the country?

Verizon coming in will be good for the consumer and bad for the big 3. It will foster true competition instead of collusion.

lowping

said by rednekcowboy:

said by lowping:

If you can't find it, you either don't really want the information or don't care to know.

As for the rest of what you said:

Verizon is a business first and foremost. I am sure they'll hang their own sign and do what's best for them as a business. This differs from the current situation how????? This is irrelevant and it's only purpose is fear mongering.

They can't create a monopoly as there is already a monopoly with Robellus.

Bell is famous for farming out Canadian jobs overseas. Should we boot them out of the country?

Verizon coming in will be good for the consumer and bad for the big 3. It will foster true competition instead of collusion.

Just point me out to one the these topics on this forum. I'm not asking for much.

To me, I don't see anything changing with verizon entry. If times proves me wrong, then I'll be happy with that.