Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Pir8pete

join:2003-09-05
Ottawa, ON

4 edits

[Cable] Motorola SB6120 & SB6121 firmware flashing service

I'm offering services that will upgrade/downgrade your firmware to version 1.0.6.12 for the Motorola Cable Modem. Model numbers SB6120 and the SB6121.
This is for people that would like to activate or are currently on the TekSavvy/Rogers network and experiencing connection issues and/or need to raise a ticket. Takes about 15 minutes of your time from start to finish.

Contact info below;

»ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-···95142951
or
»www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad···19928091
or
»ottawa.en.craigslist.ca/cps/4025899054.html

I have noticed alot of people in a jam like I once was with out dated firmware and decided out of generosity to help by offering my ability and knowledge on DSLreports.

Also in my sig. below you'll find others that offer the same service in different area's.

--
:Firmware upgrade Team:
mlord See Profile (Ottawa) - DCM475 & DCM476
Pir8pete See Profile (Ottawa) - SB5101, SB6120 & SB6121
Teddy Boom See Profile (GTA) - SB5101, DCM425, DCM475, DCM476, SB6120 & SB6121
zinc See Profile (Waterloo/Kitchener) - DCM475 & DCM476

xdrag

join:2005-02-18
North York, ON

4 edits
Hi,

i think it's better to post these on the Canadian forum. I know you're trying to help people with upgrading but the purpose of your post sounds like advertisement to me rather than any form of discussion.

I think it might be more appropriate if you offer your services when you notice a member has a outdated firmware while troubleshooting.

There's already a notice posted by Marc on the firmware updates issue here:

»[Cable] Firmware upgrades: Motorola SB6120/SB6121 and SMC D3GN

Perhaps give that a bump

arthurwinslo

join:2012-11-30
Toronto, ON
reply to Pir8pete
Pete sure spends a lot of time constantly plugging that he does firmware upgrades...

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to Pir8pete
and the problem is? TSI has the largest cable user base by a very wide margin over any other IISP. There are customers that require his services.

arthurwinslo

join:2012-11-30
Toronto, ON
He's already plugged his service a handful of times. Now it's just spamming.

Pir8pete

Ottawa, ON
reply to xdrag
said by xdrag:

Hi,

i think it's better to post these on the Canadian forum. I know you're trying to help people with upgrading but the purpose of your post sounds like advertisement to me rather than any form of discussion.

I think it might be more appropriate if you offer your services when you notice a member has a outdated firmware while troubleshooting.

There's already a notice posted by Marc on the firmware updates issue here:

»[Cable] Firmware upgrades: Motorola SB6120/SB6121 and SMC D3GN

Perhaps give that a bump

I do know what your saying, but it would require alot of time for me to constantly troll the threads, and that would be for just the people asking. Thought it might be easier to make my own thread so people would have more of a chance in seeing it first off then having to read through all the posts in all the threads. I've ask the people that did drop by (about 25 so far) for the upgrade and they mentioned having a hard time finding someone that could help them. So I do hope this doesn't get deleted as it just makes it less frustrating for the activation/trouble shooting proposes with TekSavvy/Rogers
--

:Firmware upgrade Team:
Pir8pete See Profile (Ottawa) - SB5101, SB6120 & SB6121

Pir8pete

Ottawa, ON

3 edits
reply to arthurwinslo
said by arthurwinslo:

He's already plugged his service a handful of times. Now it's just spamming.

c'mon on now, this is the only thread for TekSavvy I made besides the one that was deleted, it's clean right to the point no bs spamming here, it's so users can find me easier as alot of ppl are having a very hard time, trust me man this is not for profit, just helping the community

Rogers will stop upgrading ppl and then the ones that missed it will be sol again. not sure how long they will keep pushing the fw but at least I can help when they stop so user are not stuck buying new hardware

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to Pir8pete
There is so much crap posted in this forum never mind the off topic posts and you're going to make an issue out of a useful post?

Pir8pete

Ottawa, ON

1 edit
dido

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to Pir8pete
We should probably make a sticky thread out of Pir8pete's sig, really, and leave it at that. Maybe a lot to ask though.
--
electronicsguru.ca

Pir8pete

Ottawa, ON

1 edit
said by Teddy Boom:

We should probably make a sticky thread out of Pir8pete's sig, really, and leave it at that. Maybe a lot to ask though.

that's actually a very good idea. Who's the person to ask?

I'm getting alot of ppl asking from other city's so I've added my sig. to my ad's

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Probably fourboxers See Profile.

Unfortunately, this forum just isn't really set up for a static post that gets updated--edit windows closes in days, can't respond after a pretty brief period, and so on. I can understand there are good reasons for organizing like that, but at other forums users are able to make posts into sort of wiki's on certain topics, and there is enough in this TPIA business that we could sure use that too.
--
electronicsguru.ca

Pir8pete

Ottawa, ON

4 edits
reply to Pir8pete

just an update to the description and links;

I'm offering services that will upgrade/downgrade your firmware to version 1.0.6.12 for the Motorola cable modem models: SB6120, SB6121, and the SB6141. This is for people that
would like to activate or are currently on the Start/TekSavvy/Rogers network and experiencing connection issues and/or need to raise a ticket. Takes about 15 minutes
of your time from start to finish.

Contact info below;

»ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-···29232039
or
»www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad···19928091
or
»ottawa.en.craigslist.ca/cps/4103746588.html
or
»ottawa.backpage.com/ComputerServ···18986352

I have noticed alot of people in a jam like I once was with out dated firmware and told I had to buy a new modem. I decided out of generosity to help by offering my ability and knowledge on DSLreports.

*Others that offer the same service for your area listed below.

------
::Firmware Upgrade Team::
Pir8pete See Profile (Ottawa) - SB5101, SB6120, SB6121 & SB6141

Crowbar10

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON
reply to arthurwinslo

Re: [Cable] Motorola SB6120 & SB6121 firmware flashing service

If a mod hasn't deleted his post , i guess it's fine .