uniqs
share rss forum feed

zafartek

join:2011-02-09
East York, ON

3 edits

[Cable] No internet for last 3 days

hi

In east york area there is no internet service for last 2 days area code M4H.

Are they working during weekend too? i am on phone waiting for 45 mins to speak with someone about the status.

johnchiu

@rogers.com

Re: [Cable] No internet for 3 days

me too. no internet for 3 days. In the beaches. I talked to their technical support and they say it probably won't be back up for the next 4 days.

dave0831

@telus.com
Same here, Woodbine/Gerrard M4L

Seems like we must be on the Comstock POI we've heard so much about on this forum. Since that's in the Eglinton/Pharmacy area, I guess it stands to reason that Teksavvy customers in the east end of Toronto are the ones doing without.

As it's not fixed by now, I'm not optimistic about a fix over the long weekend.

perfectimage

join:2013-07-25
North York, ON
reply to zafartek
I'm at Vic.Pk north of Eglinton west side. Getting my 15/512 with speedboost so I should be happy.Wonder what POI we are on ?

Chops8

join:2008-04-03
Toronto, ON
reply to zafartek
M4E out since Thursday... no idea what's going on. The Rogers offer I got is decent and really tempting but I've been an otherwise happy TSi customer since 2007 now. If I switch, it'll be for good.

James Digriz

join:2013-08-31
reply to zafartek
same with me. M4H and no internet for 2 days. can't even access admin menu of DCM 475 modem.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to perfectimage
said by perfectimage:

I'm at Vic.Pk north of Eglinton west side. Getting my 15/512 with speedboost so I should be happy.Wonder what POI we are on ?

I'm at Vic Park north of Eg, east side. 45/4 here, not one problem. I'm with Start. My neighbour is on Rogers, no problems there either. I just called a co-worker over near Pharmacy & St. Clair, also with Rogers. No problem there. My friend at Janet & Vic Park, on Rogers, no problem.

Mike
--
I've picked on Cogeco long enough. Who's next? Any volunteers?

monsoon66

join:2007-01-13
Toronto, ON
reply to zafartek
said by zafartek:

hi

In east york area there is no internet service for last 2 days area code M4H.

I'm not too far from you and I'm in the same situation

johnchiu

@google.com
reply to Chops8
said by Chops8:

M4E out since Thursday... no idea what's going on. The Rogers offer I got is decent and really tempting but I've been an otherwise happy TSi customer since 2007 now. If I switch, it'll be for good.

What offer from Rogers are you getting?

EveKnight75

@teksavvy.com
reply to zafartek
Also M4H. 25/2. Near Don Mills and Eglinton. No problems here.

Before the ATPIA migration, I was on the York Mills POI. Honestly, if I lived two blocks away I'd have been on a different POI while still residing within M4H. Maybe that has something to do with it?

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to dillyhammer
said by dillyhammer:

said by perfectimage:

I'm at Vic Park north of Eg, east side. 45/4 here, not one problem. I'm with Start. My neighbour is on Rogers, no problems there either. I just called a co-worker over near Pharmacy & St. Clair, also with Rogers. No problem there. My friend at Janet & Vic Park, on Rogers, no problem.

Mike

Two TSI customers could be next door to each other while one has service and another has the ongoing DHCP or Provisioning errors going on for weeks now. Just FYI, since the issue isn't node specific affecting all customers on one node.

James Digriz

join:2013-08-31
I sent all my info and modem stats to teksavvy in direct forum. I live between Don Mills and Laird off of overlea.

noticed in the event log for Thursday Aug 29 08:12:27 DHCP failed

Tom999

join:2012-02-01
reply to TypeS
Main and Danforth working here

Chops8

Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to johnchiu
said by johnchiu :

What offer from Rogers are you getting?

Same speeds with $45/month (300GB) no modem rental fee but there is an activation fee. I haven't tried to negotiate but others have said I can possibly get unlimited and/or wave the activation fee. Basically this is the offer if you call in and say I'm with TekSavvy but they are unable to resolve or give an ETA on my internet problems. The lady on the phone actually said, I know, which is a bit frustrating. They also offered to have me up and running inside 2-3 business days. Others have also posted saying they are able to lock those rates in so when I am ready to negotiate I definitely would like to lock in the rates.

While the offering and timing are fishy... they're definitely winning customers who are currently stuck with no ETA from support and frankly, no support outside a forum.

Chops8

Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

1 edit
reply to Tom999
said by Tom999:

Main and Danforth working here

So frustrating, I'm Queen/Silver Birch which is about a 15min walk and I have not had service since Wednesday late evening. Barely able to reach support, this forum is my only option and I still have no idea what is causing this and if I need to open a ticket with support.

zafartek

East York, ON
A week now no internet service. Should i switch to rogers now do you think it is good move?

dave0831

@teksavvy.com
said by zafartek:

A week now no internet service. Should i switch to rogers now do you think it is good move?

I would hang in there for at least a day or two. I noticed four posters in the east end who came back online today - two in East York, and two in the Woodbine/Danforth area (including me). That's four more than in the preceding five days - I'd call that an improvement. Good luck.

m0use

@teksavvy.com
reply to Chops8
I'm in the Beaches (M4E) and my connection is back. Try restarting your modem again.

zafartek

East York, ON
its back 9:55pm