HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to btech805

Re: Fiber Optic upgrade in North York - final

said by btech805:

An aml is easily switchable though to dedicated pairs and phone #s, I cant see why bell would prevent them from getting dsl because theyre on an aml line, we're trying to phase as much of those out at possible

Only switchable if you have the pairs available. There's still AML kicking around out there in use.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to MJB
said by MJB:

why can't bell wire fiber to older neighborhoods? o really bell you that lazy

When it comes to wiring existing neighborhoods as opposed to installing fiber from the initial build out of a neighborhood a significant portion if not most of the areas they are wiring are older neighborhoods.

btech805

join:2013-08-01
Greely, ON
kudos:11
reply to HeadSpinning
I've seen a few out there. I wish I still had the picture of the aml a tech installed on a baseboard in a kid's bed room so he could have his own number. (The customer was switching to rogers phone and I was there to take it out lol)

hogtownhog

join:2013-08-23
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

said by btech805:

I've seen a few out there. I wish I still had the picture of the aml a tech installed on a baseboard in a kid's bed room so he could have his own number. (The customer was switching to rogers phone and I was there to take it out lol)

Classy...

sheva07

join:2013-09-08
reply to hlo207
Wow.... nice.

I live in Brampton, Ontario. Is it possible for me to even get FTTH if I wanted to? Can anyone just call to Bell and say, "hey yeah, I want FTTH... plz nao"

btech805

join:2013-08-01
Greely, ON
kudos:11
Not unless those fibre lines are in your front yard...

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to sheva07
said by sheva07:

Wow.... nice.

I live in Brampton, Ontario. Is it possible for me to even get FTTH if I wanted to? Can anyone just call to Bell and say, "hey yeah, I want FTTH... plz nao"

Unless fiber is installed in your neighbourhood it's not gonna happen if you're in area where all the infrastructure is aerial you area might be upgraded for FTTH however if it's all buried than it's likely not going to happen.
--
Opinions expressed are my own, and may or may not reflect those of my employers or any other BCE company or division.