spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kidjake28

@teksavvy.com

[Cable] I am SO FRUSTRATED!!! TEKSAVVY INSTALL IS THE WORST

Let me first start off by saying that I have Teksavvy service for my office, home. I also run a consulting business and recommend Teksavvy.

I placed an order on July 10th to switch from 3web to Teksavvy. I told the person that my service would END August 31st. I purchased a new modem from Teksavvy and paid the setup and first months internet fee. Total came to about $200.00.

Everything seemed fine until today. I get an email from Teksavvy for a REJECTED OID.

So I called Teksavvy and they said that my current service is still active. I told him the I know that and that I informed the person who took my order that it was expiring August 31st. So they said that the person who took the order should not have scheduled it for the same day AND that they should not have put in a transfer order but a NEW order because it's not transferring from rogers directly.

So I asked to speak with a manager JUAN. JUAN explained that there is nothing he can do and the soonest they can get me hooked up is Sept 21st. That is ridiculous!!!! I asked to have it sooner they said it was not possible. I asked to have the set fee waived seeing that they made the mistake. He also said that was not possible. It was Teksavvy that made the mistake!!!!

What kind of customer service is this????

I'm hoping someone from Teksavvy is reading this. This is complete non-sense and I understand orders are escalated ALL the time. Seeing though this is an error on Teksavvy's part, they should do the right thing and escalate my order.

There service use to be so good. Rocky use to monitor the forums and resolve issues immediately. That's what I would call customer service. I believe Teksavvy gotten too big and they just don't care anymore....

Nitra

join:2011-09-15
Montreal
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX

You might want to check your capslock key, it seems to be stuck once in a while when you're typing.
As a side-note: Teksavvy is having big issues right now with one of the last mile providers, check these forums and you'll see.
It's not on them, it's on the other providers.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Start Communicat..

2 edits

it was TSI's fault this time around, can't always pass the buck to Rogers, good service from Juan to...

that being said,if you need internet now, order a cheap Rogers package and go pickup the modem today if the line is active, if not schedule an install which takes 1-2 days through Rogers and then transfer that to TSI or another TPIA if you wish.

You'll be able to cancel the Rogers and have the service prorated if you end it early by returning the Rogers modem early, no need for 30 days stuff like they try and claim.

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to kidjake28

»www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/st···?cmp=rss
--
BHell... A Public Futility. When life throws you lemons, make lemonade.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile

1 recommendation

reply to jmck

The initial problem of improperly scheduling the connection was TekSavvy. The problem with not being able to schedule an earlier connection is due to Rogers putting TekSavvy orders on the back burner. They're servicing their own applications for service far in front of TPIA connections.

Rogers is out to ensure that people like you are so pissed off you go to Rogers instead of TPIAs like TekSavvy.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to kidjake28

Hi KidJake,

First of all, let me apologize for your experience. Any unpleasant experience is never what we strive for.

Based on your comments, I am surprised that there was no credit offered, especially for the fact that "we screwed up" almost all of the time, we take care of our customers when stuff like that happens. Makes me believe there may be more to this or there was a misunderstanding.

As for the delays, Juan is correct that there is nothing we can do. There are severe delays from our vendors (pointed out by the article another user shared on your thread). Escalations from them are getting the same treatment unfortunately.

Also, I am not sure if you noticed or not but our CEO, Marc, spends most of his time on here because he cares to make a difference, and that should be important to you.

This company has grown quite a bit more and quite rapidly however your experience is not all all related to this. You are simply being faced with a mistake on our part and vendor delays which prohibit us to fix our mistake rapidly.

I will look further into your account and will make sure we take care of you. Just wanted to share.

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Online & Operations Intelligence

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog | Follow Me on Twitter (@AndreCleroux)

kidjake28

@teksavvy.com

I'm not the kind of person that screams, yells and demands the impossible. However when all Juan could say was "there is nothing we can do" it just frustrated me to no end. He also said that he would investigate how or why the order was place improperly and get back to me on this. How is that going to help me?

Look I'm not and idiot, I realize that I'm just one of thousands of potential teksavvy customers and my order doesn't really mean much but I got to tell you the one and only reason why I never get any the services from Rogers is because of their non-care "attitude" (and their monopolistic views). I was glad I was using a 100% Canadian company with 100% Canadian Tech support. As I said I have internet service at my home and office and I've told all my clients to switch to Teksavvy. When I first signed up with Teksavvy (for my home 8 yrs ago) Rocky was monitoring this forums and actually replied to customers with concerns, updates etc. I thought this was such a great small Canadian company that really cared about it's customers. I was really glad I joined up with them. However when I got off that phone call today, it just reminded me of Rogers and that was what I was trying to get away from!

You've asked me to pay an installation fee, I asked to have the internet installed, you made a mistake and it wasn't installed as promised. I can live with that, however you really need to see if it can be corrected as quickly as possible as opposed to saying "September 21 is the soonest and there is nothing we can do about it". Really you screwed up and now I have to wait 22 days? So the least that should come out of this is to escalate (even though it may not be processed any sooner by Rogers) and to refund my installation fee (or at least discount it). To be honest I don't need the $50 credit but as I said it would be more of a good will gesture on Teksavvy behalf that would show me that they really care. To me that would be making things right. And believe me there was no misunderstanding, Juan's comments was we cannot waive the installation fee.

I realize that you didn't mean for this to happen, it would not be in your best interest to provide poor service but the fact is that it was a mistake and all I'm asking is that a TRUE effort be made to correct things as soon as possible without giving me the fluff...

Marc if your reading this, please understand I do like your company and what it stands for (especially when it comes to fighting the big three's) but I guess I'm looking for some help with this situation.

kidjake28

@teksavvy.com
reply to Nitra

Trust me your CAPS would be permanently stuck after spending 2 hours with them today.

I understand Rogers is not "playing nice" but in this case they really did screw up. All I'm asking is that they truly try and make things right as soon as they can. I didn't get that feeling after I hung up with them.

kidjake28

@teksavvy.com
reply to sbrook

I agree with you 100%. I will never to go Rogers. I do understand Teksavvy's position however all I wanted was for them to make a genuine effort to try and resolve my issue as fast as they could.

I felt like I was being swept under the carpet.

kidjake28

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Andre

By the way to prove that I'm really a patient guy and a loyal Teksavvy customer, let's flash back a year ago when I wanted to upgrade my offices 6mb service to 16 vdsl.

Have a look:
»[DSL] Rocky! You still monitoring. I need help help! Nightmare!!

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to sbrook

said by sbrook:

The initial problem of improperly scheduling the connection was TekSavvy. The problem with not being able to schedule an earlier connection is due to Rogers putting TekSavvy orders on the back burner. They're servicing their own applications for service far in front of TPIA connections.

Rogers is out to ensure that people like you are so pissed off you go to Rogers instead of TPIAs like TekSavvy.

I don't know, it's still 5 business days from a order to get an install from Rogers. Not sure why it would become 15. Maybe TSI is playing it safe and choosing dates way out, but I've only heard of delays with repair tickets.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to kidjake28

No one is questioning your loyalty or patience. I just wanted to share my 2 cents and also let you know I'm looking into it

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to kidjake28

Thanks kidjake28, I just noticed your post to me.. Andre is the right guy to look into it. Let me know how it works out. Obviously, there are major delays right now as you know.. But we are doing what we can. Hopefully it all works out for the better.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to kidjake28

Ok so I listened to the call and I do think that this was handled by Juan correctly as far as the re-submission of the order.

I am showing that he requested the soonest possible dates however that he also explained to you the possible delays in answering back.

Unfortunately, because it was our mistake, we cannot request an expedite on your order (keep in mind that even if we could, they are as delayed in responding to those).

I have also emailed our accounting group to have the activation fee credited towards your next invoice.

I am really sorry about your experience, I wish it could have been better. I will be making sure on Tuesday (when Juan is in) to make sure the errors have been logged so we can ensure proper coaching to the individual that made the mistake.

Regards,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Online & Operations Intelligence

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog | Follow Me on Twitter (@AndreCleroux)

kidjake28

@teksavvy.com

Andre, thanks very much. I understand people make mistakes.

I just wanted to know that 1) It was an error on Teksavvy's part, which Juan was not ready to admit even though he said that the order was not submitted properly and that I MAY not have given the correct information, which I did. 2) A true effort to try and expedite my order as fast as possible, which I did not get that sense .

All I ask is that at this point is to please do everything possible in your power to expedite the order.

Replying to me know in this thread is testament that your company does care and I do appreciate that.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

I have no problem trying for an expedite now since we haven't received a response yet from RED but just keep in mind they are also delayed on those. We will try

kidjake28

@teksavvy.com

Thanks.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to kidjake28

Haven't forgotten about you. No update yet. Sending another escalation (we've been sending them daily)

kidjake28

@teksavvy.com

Is there any projected date?

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Sorry for the delayed response. They just confirmed the 12th!!!

kidjake28

@teksavvy.com

Is there anyway of checking that the order will actually go through? I just don't want to get an OID rejected email the day of.

Thank you.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Unfortunately no however it's confirmed so a tech is booked meaning it shouldn't reject.

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to sbrook

said by sbrook:

I agree with what Rogers is doing under agreement with TPIA.
If TSI has problem then they should sot it out or go to Courts to resolve.

Till that time Rogers has to service their customers first.
Rogers has right to protect their business in manner they see is Legal. or Till TSI proves it is illegal.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile

1 recommendation

You don't get the legal relationship that the CRTC created when they enforced the regulations that created TPIA services.

If you take them to court, the chances are high that the court will throw it back to the CRTC, which, as a quasi judiciary body will hold hearings and make up their own mind. Just remember they are staffed by ex members of the companies being regulated.

TPIA providers are customers of Rogers and Bell and deservice the same treatment. After all, they don't have to pay for a lot of the add on services like support, billing, email etc.

kidjake28

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Andre

So I went over to my father inlaws house to plug in the new modem. All went well got a sync light and an IP Address....but no internet.

Got on the phone to tech support. Waited for 53 minutes before hanging up. Completely unacceptable.

Can anyone tell me is Teksavvy Cable up or down?

rmmst

@nrc.ca

I've been frustrated as well with my installation. I set up a move almost a month in advance and somehow I am still without internet for close to 4 weeks now. I do a lot of my work from home and require an internet connection.

I understand Teksavvy is bogged down by rogers but it really is ridiculous to be waiting on install this long when you tried to do the proper planning to avoid this mess, not to mention having to pay upfront for the move and the month that I am not getting service for...

...still waiting

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to kidjake28

There is an outage currently in Toronto for RF

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to rmmst

Perhaps something you could signup for:

»Blog post - Doing what it takes....

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
reply to kidjake28

said by Anon80:

So I went over to my father inlaws house to plug in the new modem. All went well got a sync light and an IP Address....but no internet.

Got on the phone to tech support. Waited for 53 minutes before hanging up. Completely unacceptable.

Can anyone tell me is Teksavvy Cable up or down?

This sounds like it could be a a provisioning issue, though that's very unlikely if you got the new modem directly from TekSavvy. Might be worth checking to make sure it is provisioned though. What IP are you getting? Try doing a tracert to google.ca.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to kidjake28

What I find amazing is the IISPs can't say "Rogers' or "Cogeco" but "The vendor". The finger should be pointed where it is , and that's right at the doorstep of the incumbents.