how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

clearrob

join:2013-08-31

[General] Clear shutting down?

How much longer?

After news of the merger I thought that Sprint would continue to operate this service as is. Evidently not given the lack of hardware availability at their website.

Why stop selling the necessary hardware unless Sprint has already decided to completely fold Clear's current business model as ISP rather quickly?

norbert26
Premium
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI
Yes the hand writing is on the wall. I wish they would give us a timetable we were sent an email stating service would continue for the "near term". In other threads here we are looking for alternate solutions.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
reply to clearrob
Looks like I got my FiOS just in time. I was really happy with Clear but cancelled when VZ finally deployed fiber to my office. I am very surprised by this...being this soon.
--
Nocchi rules.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath
reply to clearrob
It won't be any time soon. They still have to move everything over and still upgrade those markets before the cut over. Sprint has already ran out of money the first time (a story was on here before) and then asked Softbank for more $$ to keep going on Network Vision. Killing Clear is still far enough down the road not to worry. Especially since Sprint Pre-Paid is still bringing out new prepaid devices for WiMax.

norbert26
Premium
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI
reply to clearrob
some new info has cropped up. In the other thread a link was posted to a sprint forum. Sprint says WI-MAX which clear uses will run until late 2015. If thats what they mean by "near term" that gives us plenty of "breathing room" . a lot can happen in two years time. I am just hoping thats what they meant.
EDIT:
Heres the link its at the bottom
»community.sprint.com/baw/message···9#617769