spc
Search similar:

uniqs
techsup1983
join:2013-03-23

techsup1983

[Info] RE: %SNMP-5-COLDSTART: SNMP agent on host Router is under

Hi all.
I got an old router today and have gone to reset the enable password to get into the router. Having done that I did notice the snmp notification in the title. Having typed a show run on the router this doesn't appear to have snmp enabled anywhere. Is it possible that resetting the password has wiped out the snmp config? Is the message
%SNMP-5-COLDSTART: SNMP agent on host Router is undergoing a cold start
normal?
Thanks in advance.

OS (tm) C1700 Software (C1700-K9O3SY7-M), Version 12.2(13)ZH2, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Synched to technology version 12.2(14.5)T
TAC Support: »www.cisco.com/tac
Copyright (c) 1986-2003 by cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Tue 22-Jul-03 01:14 by ealyon
Sep 17 18:54:02.491: %SNMP-5-COLDSTART: SNMP agent on host Router is undergoing a cold start

Covenant
MVM
join:2003-07-01
England

Covenant

MVM

Re: [Info] RE: %SNMP-5-COLDSTART: SNMP agent on host Router is u

A couple of things...

That is just an informational message and just says that the SNMP process has just been reset via a cold start. It happens regardless of whether you have SNMP config on it or not.

To answer your second query, if you gained access to the router via the break sequence and copied the startup to the running config and then changed the password, then the configuration you have before you is the same as was in startup.

If after gaining access you copied run to start, then the startup config is no longer present.

To summarise, it is informational only and happens every time the router is reset.
techsup1983
join:2013-03-23

techsup1983

Thanks for clearing that up for me
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to techsup1983

MVM

to techsup1983
Seconded. Otherwise, if you want to check SNMP status, try a "show snmp" and see what's displayed.

Regards