Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

MRI today

Having an MRI done on my right hand today (yes on a Sunday on Labor Day weekend). PA thinks might be related to repetitive strain injury but they want to look further.

And that is the hand that I operate my iPhone with. There has been known injuries with the blackberries with the click wheels on them. Maybe the iPhones are doing the same thing. And I'm not the best with computer ergonomics. I've been known to use my MacBook Pro while lying in bed.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner and I currently have DirecTV. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

biochemistry
Premium
join:2003-05-09
That radiology center must be desperate for customers. Open for elective MRI's on a Sunday?

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
The MRI unit is part of my doctor's office but it is operated by a subcontractor. The radiology department that operates the x-rays and other imaging facilities along with the radiologist MD's are in-house.

Maybe considering the length of time it takes to shoot an MRI and the cost of an MRI unit, and the fact the doctor's office is open on the weekends for urgent care maybe the owner of the MRI wants to maximize ROI.

It took about 45 minutes to shoot an MRI of the hand on a machine that costs over a million dollars a piece. Couple that with low insurance reimbursements from most insurers they ain't getting the fast ROI they want.

An X-ray machine costs a fraction of an MRI, takes about 5 minutes to shoot the pictures, and those machines are paid off in no time. They are preferred by payors but at the expense of exposing the patient to radiation. But they are still usefull for many things, such as emergency medicine.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner and I currently have DirecTV. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

Secyurityet
Premium
join:2012-01-07
untied state
reply to biochemistry
said by biochemistry:

That radiology center must be desperate for customers. Open for elective MRI's on a Sunday?

Not every religion celebrates Sunday (hint: youm al-ahad) as their holy day.