spc
uniqs
AlexFolland
join:2012-06-06
Toronto, ON

AlexFolland to rednekcowboy

to rednekcowboy

Re: Acanac - anyone have them?

Once again, Acanac shows its incompetence. I opened a ticket with them yesterday saying this:

"I am switching to another ISP. Please cancel my cable internet account and service effective 2013-09-20 (September 20, 2013). Please continue to provide this month's paid service until that day.

Thank you!"

They responded with this then CLOSED the ticket:

"Hello,

Would you please provide us with your reason of cancellation? Please let us know if there is any problem.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Acanac Inc."

I can't even respond to the ticket now because it's closed. Not only did they not deal with the ticket's actual business, but they asked a question AND closed the ticket. It's incompetence like this that makes me hate Acanac.

Hopefully I can actually set the cancellation date in time. I've PMed Fergless in hopes that they can help me.

My response was going to be this:

"Well, things like this. Firstly, I was never refunded the month of downtime last year, when my connection was down for 27 days, which, in itself, is unacceptable. I was told I would be refunded, but it just never happened. Nobody took care of it. There are other reasons, but I don't want to go into great detail about it after I've explained myself so many times to Acanac and on dslreports forums. There's an example right here. You should have said somewhere in your response, 'OK. Your service will be cancelled on the provided date.' I'm okay with you asking the question, but don't leave out the important part. Answer the straight-forward, businesslike ticket, THEN ask questions about motive. Anyway, I've already made my decision. I've already signed up for the other ISP."
bridge
join:2008-08-11
Montreal, QC

bridge

You should be able to answer them even if it's says closed, did you try to click on the link just beside Tracking URL under the ticket ID ? It should works.

Fergless
Premium Member
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON

Fergless to AlexFolland

Premium Member

to AlexFolland
Hi Alex, I replied to your PM.
Pay no attention to a closed ticket, just reply and the ticket will go to Billing in queue for processing. If you have any problems with it please do not hesitate to contact me on the Acanac forum.

Thank you.
AlexFolland
join:2012-06-06
Toronto, ON

AlexFolland

That's weird. I couldn't respond to the ticket before (and I did try!) but now I can. I don't understand. Well, thank you then. I was wrong, and I'm sorry. I have responded.