Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4

2 recommendations

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland / October 10

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-ir6JhV2Zs

Probably not everyone's cup of tea but I'll be checking it out.
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by darcilicious:

not everyone's cup of tea but I'll be checking it out.

..as will I. Thanks for the info

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
reply to darcilicious
Looks pretty good, actually.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
reply to darcilicious
Interesting....

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to darcilicious
Looking forward to this.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to darcilicious
Do you know what time it's going to be airing?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR

1 recommendation

8p ET/PT, check your local listings.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
reply to darcilicious
I've watched a 20-minute preview via on-demand and quite enjoyed it. Looking forward to this one -- Alice can kick ass and there's no annoying Henry
--

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Here's the extended preview via hulu: »www.hulu.com/watch/538717

SixOfNine
Premium
Sterling, VA

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious
A very good premiere episode. It's a bit darker (in a good way) than its older sibling, and no Henry!
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
I quite like it too. And I thought the visuals were well-done.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to darcilicious
There's something that's been bothering me this whole time. In Once Upon a Time (OPaT), Cora was banished through the looking glass by Regina, and ended up becoming The Queen of Hearts in Wonderland. But in Once Upon a Time in Wonderland ("Wonderland"), it's Anastasia who is The Red Queen. And considering that is is a spin-off series from OPaT, and takes a lot of influence from the original series, this is not dovetailing properly with what was depicted in OPaT, unless The Red Queen and The Queen of Hearts or two completely different Queens, both who love red? And if that's the case, what's the difference between the two of them?

Edit: I just looked it up and it appears they are two completely different Queens, both of whom seem to love red (which further added to my confusion). So what's the difference between the two of them, and how come we haven't seen The Red Queen (Anastasia), and The Queen of Hearts (Cora) having crossed paths and clashed in Wonderland?

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Could be happening / have happened at completely different times.

In any case, it's not something that I have worried about or even given much thought (though I never thought they were the same queens). I mean for that matter, we haven't seen the Mad Hatter either.
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
said by darcilicious:

we haven't seen the Mad Hatter either.

They said he wasn't in wonderland.
We know where he is.
--
semper idem
1KTzRMxN1a2ATrtAAvbmEnMBoY3E2kHtyv

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to darcilicious
Also noted that in Toronto, Once Upon a Time is on CTV While Once Upon a Time in Wonderland is on City (formerly CityTV). I was kind of puzzled myself at first at this oddness. I kinda think I still am, because both are produced by ABC it appears.

NightMayor

join:2010-04-28
York, ON
said by TwiztedZero:

Also noted that in Toronto, Once Upon a Time is on CTV While Once Upon a Time in Wonderland is on City (formerly CityTV). I was kind of puzzled myself at first at this oddness. I kinda think I still am, because both are produced by ABC it appears.

Yep! It confused both my friend and I who watch both on a (somewhat) regular basis. It's a bit funny because on other forums Americans frequently complain about spoiler threads from Canadians since (at least) the main series is aired here earlier than the U.S. which confuses a lot of people.

If people are still wondering, it's the Queen of Hearts (Cora) who came into power first and then later on the Red Queen (Anatasia). We know this since the Mad Hatter came during Cora's reign; if it were the other way around there would be no Mad Hatter's place and Alice wouldn't have entered a house full of hats where she would later find Cyrus' amulet outside.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
Both shows, different universes. Thats the only way to approach it. There isn't any cross overs. Its intentional.

andy33

join:2013-11-19
india
reply to darcilicious
I watched the episode 8th of this show it was about Cyrus' origin story, really liked it.
This show deserves one glance at least.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to TwiztedZero
said by TwiztedZero:

Both shows, different universes. Thats the only way to approach it. There isn't any cross overs. Its intentional.

Actually, it's the same universe. Wonderland is a direct spin-off from Once Upon a Time. And The Caterpillar right off the bat is the most obvious crossover. Same exact character, same exact look.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Zoder

join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL
reply to darcilicious
When they show Alice in the real world, it's pretty obvious to me it's taking place during Victorian times. Horse drawn carriages and the asylum being two examples. So wouldn't that make it a prequel?

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
You're assuming the portal only travels through dimensions? Time is relative in magical realms, and the world where Alice existed in the real world might just be a different "real world", else how would you explain the same exact Caterpillar in both series, and The Mad Hatter's house in Wonderland when he clearly didn't get trapped there until Once Upon a Time?
--

SixOfNine
Premium
Sterling, VA

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious
In fact, the second scene (or close to it) of the series features the Knave in Storybrooke.
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
said by SixOfNine:

In fact, the second scene (or close to it) of the series features the Knave in Storybrooke.

That's right, it did! I totally forgot about that!
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

You're assuming the portal only travels through dimensions? Time is relative in magical realms, and the world where Alice existed in the real world might just be a different "real world", else how would you explain the same exact Caterpillar in both series, and The Mad Hatter's house in Wonderland when he clearly didn't get trapped there until Once Upon a Time?

Plus we don't really know how long story brooke was looping
--
semper idem
1KTzRMxN1a2ATrtAAvbmEnMBoY3E2kHtyv