spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TAZ

@qwest.net

VDSL2/ADSL2+ bonding (G.998.x) on ISR

A lot of the ISR products, starting with the 1921, have multiple WIC slots and can take VDSL2/ADSL2+ cards. Is there any support for G.998.x (G.998.1 for ADSL2+ and G.998.2 for VDSL2 PTM) bonding using 2 cards? (This isn't MLPPP.)

Covenant
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-01
England

Not as far as I am aware.

The main datasheet for the card does not even mention it:

»www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collate···629.html
--
A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need the advice!

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:15
reply to TAZ

Question, who's the ISP provider in the first place? Do they have a list of supported
devices / cards they're compatible with? Otherwise, I'd go with the datasheet Covenant See Profile
mentions.

Regards

TAZ

@qwest.net

It's CenturyLink (former Qwest area). They do it for business which I'm looking at.

They do have a supported modem list, but it's all consumer-level Actiontec and similar gear which I was hoping to avoid. I'll be running it in bridge mode anyway, but would have preferred to have something decent instead. (Actiontec isn't the most reliable in my experience.)

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:8
reply to TAZ

»supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2063773

That was 2 years ago. The best answer is to call Cisco and ask them directly. I suspect the answer is still "no" as there is almost zero market demand for it. (AT&T Uverse is now using the Motorola NVG589 for this, not that it's any better or could be made to work on a different provider.)