spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Thirsty

@wideopenwest.com

Package higher than 50/5?

Is there any plan for a package higher than 50/5? I would gladly pay for it ($200+ a month even).

I'm just confused about how I'm not even allowed to pay extra money for more bandwidth.

anobix

join:2010-03-01
Columbus, OH

Nothing official has been stated about a plan above 50/5. I wouldn't mind it and would be willing to pay for more, but not too much more than what I currently pay.

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..
reply to Thirsty

said by Thirsty :

Is there any plan for a package higher than 50/5? I would gladly pay for it ($200+ a month even).

I'm just confused about how I'm not even allowed to pay extra money for more bandwidth.

Actually wow does offer faster services - but NOT for residential cable modem plans.

»www.wowway.biz/internet/fiber-data

WOW offers fiber (read: $$$$$$$$$) for businesses.

Thirsty

@wideopenwest.com

said by Matt7:

said by Thirsty :

Actually wow does offer faster services - but NOT for residential cable modem plans.

»www.wowway.biz/internet/fiber-data

WOW offers fiber (read: $$$$$$$$$) for businesses.

Thanks, I've never seen that before.

I wonder if they'd have any issue with installing it in a residence. I'm going to contact them.

jbleau

join:2013-08-26
reply to Thirsty

said by Thirsty :

I asked about it when I was on the phone with a CSR and she said that they have no plans at the moment at all to consider rolling anything higher out. They're still working hard on their Knology acquisition, and there's a lot of stuff they'd need to upgrade to support higher speeds across their entire network.

Bummer too, because Comcast offers 100MB in this area.

Body Count

join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
reply to Thirsty

with WOW's pricing scheme, 100 meg would be insane. I know I couldn't (and wouldn't) afford it.

clocks11

join:2002-05-06

said by Body Count:

with WOW's pricing scheme, 100 meg would be insane. I know I couldn't (and wouldn't) afford it.

I agree. I feel WOW already makes 50/5 prohibitively expensive.

SScorpio

join:2002-12-31
Canton, MI
reply to Thirsty

I really just wish WOW would offer a plan with higher upload. I'm on 50/5, but Comcast in my area offers 50/10 and 105/20.

Having the extra bandwidth when I'm uploading something large would be nice.

devolved

join:2012-07-11

Midcontinent in this area has a 100/15 package that is $30 cheaper than the 30/5 package offered by WOW.